01849: Re :[WDDM] Phoenix Project

From: "Vijayaraghavan Padmanabhan" <vijayaraghavan.p(at)rediffmail.com>
Date: 17 Jun 2008 12:17:49 -0000
Subject: Re :[WDDM] Phoenix Project

Dear Roy Daine and All,
It is a matter of regret that you chose to close down the Great Direct Democracy Experiment on MyVerdict site, which provided for people across the world to choose their own representatives through the troika method. There may be good reasons for this but I appeal to you to save the all the hard work done by you. I appeal to the WDDM members to make use of the work of Roy Daine, if not yet lost, and relaunch the experiment on its own site.

Mirek, I do not know what else is required to move in this direction. However, integrative thinking and a deep motivation to reduce the level of pain suffered in the world are of crucial importance.

PVR

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 11:30:26 -0400 wddm@world-wide-democracy.net wrote
Dear all,I am writing from Equador from this Phoenix Gathering:http://www.wakingthephoenix.org/2008/03/roster-of-participants.html
(organized by Richard Moore). A lot a new interesting information here!
A preview:Among others: Equador seems to be at the fore-front of
building participative democracy from the grass-root level. They have a
constitutional assembly preparting new participative constitution.It was
reported that a variation of the troika system proposed by fred
(http://www.world-wide-democracy.net/forum/read.php?23,541,549#msg-549) has
actually been implemented in Cuba for some time and is working well. Instead of
a group of three people, the basic group consists of about 7 to 12 families who
select one representative to a higher (block) level. It takes about 7 levels to
get to the national assembly. They reportedly also have the following recall
system: if a family decides not to support a representative they elected from
their basic group, it is recalled from whatever higher level he/she was
promoeted, and somebody else has to be chosen in his place.Equador is
said to be in the process of implementing a very similar system.The
Phoenix project site (http://www.wakingthephoenix.org) is planned to be filled
with a lot of information we heard diring this meeting and soem final document,
and perhaps proposed actions. So check it out in the near future.Greetings, Mirek