01702: Re: [WDDM] Getting the whole picture about DD

From: "Vijayaraghavan Padmanabhan" <vijayaraghavan.p(at)rediffmail.com>
Date: 21 Mar 2008 05:23:18 -0000
Subject: Re: [WDDM] Getting the whole picture about DD

DD is Initiative and Binding Referendum and Recalls
DD is a socio-political structure concentrating the Legislation directly and exclusively in the hands of people
DD is the system currently used in Switzerland
DD recognises that the Voters are the employers and Politicians are the employees
Direct democracy - Wherein sovereignty is vested directly in the people, who, in exercise of their inalienable right to self-determination and under universal suffrage, determine the structure and functioning of their own governance.
Direct Democracy is where the people have a say in governance directly without the intermediary domination by one or more political parties

Dear All,
Like the five blind men and the elephant, individually we do not know what is the shape of WDDM that would eventually work. However if we are able to appreciate one another's point of view made in good faith then we can conceive a workable definition and action plan.

We have the above 6 definitions posted for voting.  Each of them is significant. May I suggest the following integrated definition:

DD is a socio-political structure wherein sovereignity is vested directly in the people without the intermediary domination of any political party and who in exercise of their inalienable right to self-determination determine their own governance through the methods of Iintiative, Binding Referendum & Recall.

We identify the main obstacle to genuine democracy in this definition and the key steps needed to achieve it.

May I suggest that the voting on this matter be freshly conducted.

PVR