01524: Re: [WDDM] [Fwd: Message sent from WDDM Wiki]

From: "Bruce Eggum" <bruceeggum(at)gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 02:24:26 -0500
Subject: Re: [WDDM] [Fwd: Message sent from WDDM Wiki]

All good ideas. I believe we should use all tools available. But to petition for an Initiative, it first must be defined and written in such a way to be concise and understandable. Than we can all agree and "sell' the movement. As Doug notes, the local Community's have the eligible voters names and addresses. The Community can communicate with them regarding the inevitable Referendum on this issue. The Community can hold the Polls and validate the election.

Now to define the question.

Regards,
Bruce Eggum

On 10/21/07, Doug Everingham <dnevrghm(at)powerup.com.au > wrote:
I agree that a grass roots movemen tis needed to overcome the crret
global 'manufacturers of consent/.

I think this may be achieved faster by first coordinating voters using
existing indirect representation than by convenng a new forum. Let's
first compel existing elected authorities to give priority to Earth and
earthlings by adopting Simpol  www.simpol.org  – a vocal minority that
tells election candidates they will get voting preference if they adopt
Simpol.
Election candidates have started to adopt Smpol in marginal
constituencies, as shown in the last UK and Australian elections where
all canddates were targeted. Simpol adopters en masse have ongoing
discussion of issues suitable for decision by enough consenting
governments. Among their proposals will be moves toward direct
democracy, and others calling for simultaneous law making by a critical
mass of governments. The adopting authorities undertake to pass such
laws but only when enough other governments similarly pledge, thus
removing the dominant fear of governments today that regulating
selfishness in transnationals will cause them to penalizing 'first
mover' governments by moving investment and obs to rival
('business-friendly') countries.
        –       Doug
====

   From: WDDM webmaster