01455: Re: [WDDM] Anarchism and Direct Democracy

From: Giorgio Menon <giorgio.menon(at)pd.infn.it>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 10:09:05 +0200
Subject: Re: [WDDM] Anarchism and Direct Democracy

Antonio Rossin wrote:

But maybe you have a better definitions of my rights: please
let me know what your dictionary says about this, so i know
how far i can go.

IMHO, these are strange words in the mouth of an anarchist who,
as such, does not want any one (dictionary writers included) to tell
him how far he can go.

Of course you are not answering. I thought that questioning the
authority was a necessary premise to get to an independent viewpoint.
But i see this is just for the occasions you decide, not as general
rule. Never question your own dictionary, or the authority telling how
things really are (the Truth). Forget history, different cultures may
well rot in hell.

In your own words:
"*At a collective level, it is equally known that the absence of any
capacity for questioning authority represents a basic, rather a
fundamental one, propensity to perform those intolerant and violent
behaviours whose extreme form appears to include the so-called
"holy-war" made by the kamikazes of today's Islamic religious
fundamentalism"
*http://evans-experientialism.freewebspace.com/rossin08.htm

I have to tell you that every honest anarchist knows only few rules:
being responsible and respectful toward anyone (this implicitly begets
the capacity of listening): any other thing about anarchy is deceitful.
This is what Luigi Veronelli (the great sommelier) has always said. In
his own words:
«Sono anarchico dell'unica anarchia possibile, quella cioè che prevede
l'assunzione di responsabilità nel rispetto di se stessi e degli altri.
Chi dice che l'anarchia è disordine, commette un falso grossolano».
“Anarchia é rispetto, sacrificio e tolleranza”
Anarchy is respect, sacrifice, tolerance

Just the opposite of what you think anarchists are. Will you ever dare
to question the authority that deceitfully writes what anarchists are
for the sake of the acquired and intouchable privileges?

PS: glad to see that you have decided that i'm an anarchist. I've only
written something about anarchy, but this doesn't necessarily imply that
i'm an anarchist. I see you don't lose your old habit of labelling people.