01442: Re: [WDDM] Deciding the future course of action

From: "Mark Antell, editor CitizenPowerMagazine.net" <citizenp(at)citizenpowermagazine.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 09:17:46 -0400
Subject: Re: [WDDM] Deciding the future course of action

Hi PVR,

Enjoyed the test which you recommended.  It evaluates political perspectives on a two dimensional scale (authoritarian/libertarian, right/left).  More informative, I think, then a one dimensional scale.  In fact, I'd recommend a third dimension of evaluation.  The third one would evaluate people's perspective toward democracy (people deciding/leader deciding).
Anyway, I find myself categorized by the test as moderately left, strongly libertarian.  Sounds right to me.

Reminder: voting closes 8/25 on a decision whether WDDM should engage in the US Presidential races.
It's the first question listed @ http://www.world-wide-democracy.net/vote/

Mark Antell

Vijayaraghavan Padmanabhan wrote:

Dear Mirek and all,
There is a feeling that it is time we decided whether WDDM is going to be a predominantly discussion group or it is going to be a group with a definite program of action. One reason for the on-going discussion is that we have diverse outlooks and differences in opinion come to the fore when the line of action has to be decided.

There needs to be a right balance of agreement and disagreement of views within a group for it to successfully proceed with an action plan. Extreme differences as well as total similarity in views are both detrimental for healthy constructive action.

I am giving below a link that can indicate to a person regarding which political ideology he/she by nature belongs to: http://www.politicalcompass.org/
I suggest that the members of WDDM go to it and find out their position. Members can inform the result to the WDDM, where it can be displayed as a chart or a graph. The result can be kept secret till most of the members have done with it. This will prevent undue influence on other members and avoid false impressions.

Eventually this assessment can pave the way for taking a sensible decision on our future course of action. I am posting this on the proposal forum as well.

PVR