01438: Re: [WDDM] Deciding the future course of action

From: Antonio Rossin <rossin(at)tin.it>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 22:15:33 +0200
Subject: Re: [WDDM] Deciding the future course of action

Dear PVR,

Unfortunately, the test-link you suggested doesn't work.
Its down-lead stops at page 3 of 6. Maybe my Firefox browser is wrong.

Hoping in a better future,

antonio

Vijayaraghavan Padmanabhan ha scritto:

Dear Mirek and all,
There is a feeling that it is time we decided whether WDDM is going to
be a predominantly discussion group or it is going to be a group with
a definite program of action. One reason for the on-going discussion
is that we have diverse outlooks and differences in opinion come to
the fore when the line of action has to be decided.

There needs to be a right balance of agreement and disagreement of
views within a group for it to successfully proceed with an action
plan. Extreme differences as well as total similarity in views are
both detrimental for healthy constructive action.

I am giving below a link that can indicate to a person regarding which
political ideology he/she by nature belongs to:
http://www.politicalcompass.org/
I suggest that the members of WDDM go to it and find out their
position. Members can inform the result to the WDDM, where it can be
displayed as a chart or a graph. The result can be kept secret till
most of the members have done with it. This will prevent undue
influence on other members and avoid false impressions.

Eventually this assessment can pave the way for taking a sensible
decision on our future course of action. I am posting this on the
proposal forum as well.

PVR