01427: Re: [WDDM] Anarchism and Direct Democracy

From: "Mark Antell, editor CitizenPowerMagazine.net" <citizenp(at)citizenpowermagazine.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 20:17:26 -0400
Subject: Re: [WDDM] Anarchism and Direct Democracy

Hello Mirek,

I like the pamphlet.
One small criticism: I think the pamphlet tends to mix goals and
programs. It calls, for example, for decentralization and expanded
initiative/referendum. Both are desireable. But I see the former as a
goal; while I see the latter as a program.

You also asked about chat versus action. I'm oriented towards
accomplishing positive change. I'm not much interested in discussion
that is completely dissociated from action. I'd like to see WDDM as an
actual player in moving toward direct democracy. That is to say, an
organization that takes stands, and develops expectations and models of
direct democracy through that process of taking stands and acting on them.

Mark Antell

PS. Speaking of taking stands....
Reminder: voting is still open, but closes this month, on a proposal for
WDDM involvement in the US Presidential race.
It's the first listed decisional question at the following address.
http://www.world-wide-democracy.net/vote/vote.php
Review, comment, and voting are all encouraged.