01412: Re: [WDDM] organization

From: "Bruce Eggum" <bruceeggum(at)gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 00:40:15 -0500
Subject: Re: [WDDM] organization

--- Bruce Eggum <bruceeggum(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Georges and all,

Frightful good lot here to consider.

Perhaps we can find one subject to continue on another thread as this one large.

I agree with you on Wind now. Wind may be ok or perhaps a good thing in small local home applications like the old water windmill, but these gross turbines are another matter.

BE:

> Of course Global Warming is a false alarm, like all
> political propaganda.

G;
I would not go that far. The claim of reversibility
by human action is political lie and manipulation.
As to GW, I said and maintain it: "Global Warming (GW)

is doubtless one of the most important, critical
problems the mankind is facing."

My opinion is that GW being irreversible, one should
concentrate on countering its sequels and not, in the
wake of Xerxes, on flagellating the sea with chains,
while making billions on chain manufacturing.

BE:

> The academic community also makes millions extolling
> this and that, arguing
> amongst themselves, sending conflicting reports so
> when knowledge produces
> the right answer they can choose one of their
> suppositions and say see we
> had it right all along. Some even think the
> academics know about governing,
> ignoring the fact they do not have any idea about
> practical application of
> hardly anything.

G:
I frequently said that the Academic Establishment,
like any current Establishment is a noxious circus.
Most scientists don't see the Science-wood for
Equation-trees, thus not getting the gist of their
own domains, let alone other domains where they often
prove exceptionally fatuous, because conceited.
In order to illustrate this point I shall copy to this
list an essay on Copenhagen Interpretation of the
Quantum Theory, which, although not quite pertinent
here, shows the established Physics submerged in
medieval Solipsisms and Panpsychisms.
BE:

> Like you said the real danger is pollution. So stop
> the polluting for the
> wrong reasons. GOOD
> At least the dam pollution will be slowed by
> decreasing use of fossil fuel.
> Wind in it's place and Solar provide electricity
> good idea. I recall Georges
> you are against wind. your reasoning was not
> complete however. But certainly
> forbid the nuke idea.

G:
Once you start fiddling with wrong reasons for right
goal, your goal gets wrecked together with the
reasons.
Main pollution sources are not fossil fuels but
industrial animal breeding and garbage. And forbidding

is of no avail. People will not stop using electricity
and it will stay nuclear and fossil as long as there
is no alternative.
I'm not for, nor against anything, but try to examine
it rigorously. Refuting arguments with a general
non justified "not complete" is not even unfair, but
silly. In order to give you a chance to indicate
what's wrong with my reasoning, I repeat in appendix
the post I wrote to Epistemology list as answer to
Sam's "Eloge of the Windmills". Some parts of it
are not quite pertinent here, but I prefer to quote
it unchanged.

Georges.

NEW

BE: I agree. It would be far better if people woke up to the pollution --- but until they can be convinced, slowing pollution ain't bad for whatever the reason. Yes the projections are definitly in ---- so move to high ground or other ground if you are in an affected area. Learn how to sanitize water, food, store essentials. Learn how to use hand tools and find them. Action now will prepare for the coming mess.
Appendix, Eloge of the Fraud.

Sam posted a well meant panegyric of Wind Power
in which he says among others:

---------------- bruce snipped the excellent article on Wind. On previous post. --------------------------------------------------------

--
Bruce Eggum