01385: Re: [WDDM] Simpol and True Democracy

From: Antonio Rossin <rossin(at)tin.it>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 19:46:36 +0200
Subject: Re: [WDDM] Simpol and True Democracy

Vijayaraghavan Padmanabhan ha scritto:

Dear Antonio and all,
I have also adopted Simpol even before becoming a member of WDDM.
The only problem I have with Simpol is that it deals with the problem of
climate change (as well as others) at the 'tip of the ice-berg' level,
whereas
the fundamental reason for these problems to have occurred in the first
place (being the lack of true democracy) is ignored. I had a discussion
with John Bunzl regarding this and he feels that Simpol cannot deal with
this issue though there could be synergism with a organization that deals
with it.

Dear PVR

I also had discussion with JB regarding the roots for these problems, that
are the lack of true democracy. He seems like disliking such deepenings.
My opinion is, his is a shyness in facing the representative establishment,
as if, to Simpol to be up, no change of the current (undemocratic) system
were necessary, and the attempts towards increasing people's democratic
awareness were all disturbing noises, that might slow -- if not stop --
the
course of SP. In one only word, JB's Simpol is a totalitarian project.

Which totalitarian attitude could be successful, at least theoretically.
Who
knows? Only the time passing can tell us whether JB is right or wrong.
In the meantime, I support him honestly and reasonably.

JB is doing his play, which is fair play: if there were synergy, he thanks.
As for democratic co-operation, that is another kettle of fish.

Several people and organizations, including the members of the WDDM,
have made worthwhile suggestions for ushering in True Democracy.
What is needed now is to have an open mind and allow things to
crystallize
into an effective action plan.

Agreed.
Yet there are WDDM members whose action plan is turning WDDM into a
bureaucratic cage of mandatory democratic rules, as if the target -- the
people --
were eager of being caught inside. Which ushering is not taken for granted,
rather the contrary, if the people were still lacking of the needed
'conscience'.

The problem with the current DD methods is that they depend on the
government of the day to adopt them. On the other hand we need to be
more pro-active like Simpol and visualize a system where people, using
their constitutional right to vote, can force governments to adopt truer
democracy methods. The 'conscience-based' political system, which I
have been suggesting, fulfils this need.

Regards,

PVR

Please give me (again?) the link of your document - proposal.

Regards,

antonio

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 Antonio Rossin wrote :
Hi PVR,

I totally agree on your point of view. This is why I've become a
Simpol adopter, and a supporter of people's greatest sharing-in to
democracy.

About Simpol: www.simpol.org .

Regards,

antonio

Vijayaraghavan Padmanabhan ha scritto:

Dear Antonio and Giorgio,
The exchanges between you have been interesting to read. Basically
the present situation of excessive use of world's oil resources and the
consequent global warming reaching alarming proportions, can be
controlled - provided if we understand what propels such a process.

It is the run away success of business establishments in the present
day world aided by a faulty political system that is responsible. The
party-based political system is amenable to manipulation by business
intersts, which set the politico-economic agenda of nations. The people
are also carried away by the way of life being projected by such
interests. In their heart they may be in favour of a more placid
life style.
But such preferences are over-shadowed by the prevailing agenda set
by business interests.

A truer democracy, if it can be established, will counter the business
interests at a fundamental level. Thus there is a link between global
warming, depleting oil resources and the kind of democracy that is
prevailing. As I have mentioned before, if a conscience-based democracy
can be ushered in at the global level, it can counter the process of
global
warming. A strange statement at first sight, but it is true.

Regards,

PVR