01366: Re: [WDDM] Repeted answer to Antonio

From: Antonio Rossin <rossin(at)tin.it>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 18:31:26 +0200
Subject: Re: [WDDM] Repeted answer to Antonio

Giorgio Menon ha scritto:
Antonio Rossin wrote:

G:
You should then explain me how can people live outside a stratified
society. The problem is the stratified society built to keep the
elites
wealthy and powerful. Democracy well serves this goal.

A:
Not exactly, Democracy. But a political arrangement, deceptively called
"democracy", in which the people Democratically renounced Democracy

G:
Here we go again. You say there's democracy and Democracy. I'm sure
there's
dEMOCRACY too and a friend of mine knows someone who claimes he saw
a DeMoCraCy once. Calling different situations with the same name
generates
only confusion. On the other hand pretending an existing situation is
"better"
that it really is remains a bad sign of schizophrenia IMHO.
Please let's separate dreams from reality. Dreams are a necessary
drive for
anyone. But reality has its own necessities.

I do not follow you here.

First: because there is difference from the reality outside, and the
reality inside
our words. Do you know about Alfred Korzybski's renown axiom:
"*The map is not the territory*"?
As how I understand it, our descriptions of reality are all maps of the
reality
outside.

Second, and subsequent: Since all of what we put into words about reality
are maps, let's agree that one's map can be better than another's.

Third: "Reality", has no necessities. It is the one who maps out the
reality,
who has necessities, according with one's own ability to draw out and read
maps, and the usefulness of the latter in avoiding blind alleys, ruins
and like.

History has always shown just one face of democracy, no matter how you
like to write it. It's about 2500 years that the elites are
"democratically" ruling
the people.
I don't follow you, here. The term for the elites ruling the people is
oligarchy,
and not "democracy". Period.

Then, had the people (democratically) decided to be ruled by the few, this
is another kettle of fish

I find also deceitful the concept of Tribal Democracy like the political
system adopted by the Bushmen. They discuss social issues till everyone
agrees with the final solution. No majority involved, no numbers to
count.
Just what they all really need.

Do you mean, till the bandwagon is up? If so, I agree.

A: Where the people are
able to question the authority, and the authority provides the people
with
the fit rooms in which the people can question the authority itself
(be it
political, religious or scientific authority, it doesn't matter. It
is the dialectic
method of discussing everything, learned since babyhood, what matters)
((IMHO))

Questioning is not always a sign of wisdom. Would you question driving on
the right lane?

Of course I do.

First, I question myself for whether that is the right lane.

If I'm unable to experience it myself, I search for the authority who
decided
that that is the right lane, and question him-her for which criteria
he-she used
to decide that that was the right lane.

Any question more ? ;-)

Discussions are very important, but at times they are a sufficient
alibi to
deny any change.

Sufficient... depending on the passive submission degree in the audience

Dear Giorgio,

I cannot control the offer of oil in the markets of London and New York.
I can only control my demand of oil

Do you own a solar powered car maybe? You can't control nearly anything
in the oil process. Surely you need it to move, and you (anyone,
actually)
indirectly use a huge amount of it even without moving. I read somewhere
that the few KJoule of a steak are nothing compared to the KJoule
needed to
transport, stock, refrigerate and cook it. Can you control this? The
system is
too big now to be controlled. And i'm quite sure that even at the top
of the
pyramidal societies people don't know much how to handle it. It's enough
for them to keep it running the way they like it.

Regards

Giorgio

But unfortunately, the oil is no endless energy resource. Perhaps in forty,
perhaps in fifty years the oil will end. But it will end: may I suggest
you,
while wishing you an everlasting life, to be prepared for the oil end by
providing yourself with a bicycle? Maybe some training with it could be
the case.

Ciao,