01355: Re: [WDDM] Repeted answer to Antonio

From: Antonio Rossin <rossin(at)tin.it>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 07:14:43 +0200
Subject: Re: [WDDM] Repeted answer to Antonio

Giorgio Menon ha scritto:
On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 15:28:57 +0200, Antonio Rossin wrote

In most western countries, the so-called "democratic
countries", the inhabitants do not want to implement
Democracy - that encompasses people's direct control
over both policies and politicians". Really as well as
paradoxically, people like themselves to be controlled
by political propaganda and PR managed by the money
holder elites.

You say: "people are deceived by the elites." I argue:
"people want to deceive themselves by themselves,
just because they own the power of control -- if only
they wanted to wield it directly and responsibly.
But their democratic wish does not go to wield it,
because wielding it is too much labour they dislike".

This is the core of the issue. I don't think i'm wrong
but i'm sure you are not wrong either. There's a study
that i read a while ago saying that for populations over
few thousand units "democracy" becomes a must, meaning
they can't menage to rule their own lives but need an
"external power".

You should specify more what do you mean for "external power".
I am a bit reluctant to admit the need of such an entity as such.
Yet I agree in the sense that each one of us needs of an external
authority as a reference point: but an authority to be questioned
as much as possible, something else but a "power" that rules as
in itself, beyond any chance of responsible choice. Even though
I shall admit that that xas the rule in more barbarian times, and
also the goal of aspirant dictators of every time.

Anyway, what democracy could it be, if there is an external power
ruling over all the others?

Tribal realities vs modern towns. Guess where current
tendency goes? In China the pace of urbanization is
impressive (half of the world building facilities are
placed in China...). Do Chinese people have a chance?
In a sense yes, but they should take a firm stand
against the so-called Development, Progress, Modernity
etc...Who dares so much?

How many facilities they build are truly necessary? Chinese people's
impressive economic development bases on western consumerism.
Let's limit our consumerism to the real necessities and that tendency
should come to a sustainable balance

That's why i say that Democracy is perfectly compatible
with fundamentalism, being ruled by numbers as it is.
Ruled by numbers, not by people, please notice.

This is your thesis. I wholeheartedly disagree.

My antithesis is, "Fundamentalism is perfectly compatible
with the people's democratic renounce of democracy.

Please consider that in a world ruled by money, fundamentalisms
have control over the existing processes. I'm not saying that
people accepting it are irresponsible, rather that the fight is definately unbalanced amd biased.

Ciao

Giorgio

What fight are you speaking of? Please suggest what fight you think
it more appropriate, be it a viable one...

On this very topic, I have a point:

*Power is generated by those who demand (= ourselves)
and is managed by those who respond (= those "in power")*

which implies, if we were able to control our own demands,
we become actually able to control "the power" as well.

What do you think?

Regards,