01242: Re: Re: [WDDM] Proposal

From: "Vijayaraghavan Padmanabhan" <vijayaraghavan.p(at)rediffmail.com>
Date: 10 Jun 2007 07:51:04 -0000
Subject: Re: Re: [WDDM] Proposal

Dear Bruce,
You have said - "We must have the power to intervene, and getting I&R is the first step. Once that is achieved we can 'take charge of our governments'. Until that is achieved, we are whistling in the wind".

Assuming that the Swiss, who already have I&R in place, decide that they want to take charge of their government fully by doing away with the political parties, will the political parties agree to it? Is there such a possibility in the Swiss constitution, and if not, will the political parties allow such an amendment to be brought in? My guess is that the political parties will not allow this to happen.

Talking about other nations, may I know which of them is closest to being the second nation where I&R can be ushered in? I am unable to understand your optimism for WDDM with the current definition of DD. I believe that we should first concentrate on taking charge of governments, through constitutional means, and then the direct democratic processes like I&R can easily be ushered in.

You had said that WDDM stands for ushering in DD and not for any revolution. This is surprising. Then why call it a 'movement'? "DD education forum" would be a more appropriate name.

PVR