01204: Reminder

From: "M. Kolar" <wddm(at)mkolar.org>
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2007 11:52:17 -0700
Subject: Reminder

All:
I think that we should not be consumed all the time only with the
organizational matters. (Some minimal rules of interaction are needed in
any case, whether we are an organization or association. For the start
anything is good that would provide a tool to channel the thousand of
opinions posted here previously in an un-orderly manner into some
common, possibly consensual positions. So we should stick with the
simple Charter we have - it provides means for amending and improving it
continually, and apparently its approval starts to activise more members.)

But we should also be thinking about what else can be contribute beyond
creating an example of democratic organization (or association). PVR had
some proposals recently. I would like to remind a good proposal made by
Leo Salgui one and half years ago:

b) Choosing ONE (appealing) project to be developed collaboratively.
Any project could be valuable. Even more, we could to open a polling
to choose ONE project to be developed during the next year. Only as an
example, one project could be to set up a taxonomy of a democrat
regime, describing and scoring its different aspects; the goal would
be to create a framework where to create a yearly democracy ranking
similar to the Freedom House's one (but, of course, adding Direct and
Participative Democracy aspects).
http://www.freedomhouse.org/ratings/index.htm

(The full text is here:
http://www.world-wide-democracy.net/Wiki/Dec18PollResponses)

By the way, does anybody has a working current contact with Leo. All
mails sent to his registered e-mail address have been bouncing for many
weeks now, so he will not get this e-mail.

I suggest that even those of you who dislike voting, have a look at the
WDDM voting system. It is also designed as an aid in deliberation - to
list and rate various possible positions/actions on an issue. The same
thing as when people are physically meeting in one room and writing
alternatives on a large sheet of paper on the wall, the same thing used
in dynamic facilitation even int eh wise democracy approach.

We have there already a poll called *What should be WDDM goals and
future activities? *where everybody can add more alternatives like on a
paper sheet on the wall. Maybe we can st up another poll where one could
submit proposals for a project from Leo's proposal on which we could all
concentrate for a year. Something that most of us would enjoy to
participate in. What do you think about it?