01194: Re: [WDDM] What the Hell is Democracy?

From: "Bruce Eggum" <bruceeggum(at)gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 23:10:42 -0500
Subject: Re: [WDDM] What the Hell is Democracy?

Dear Pras,

Your site(s) are difficult to navigate. (find) Your PDF is not in English. Your social computer component list is simply a file system. This is all good but not a working model. If it is to be a discussion zone or a decision zone than some software for that is needed. This would be a good NGO for people to deliberate what to do regarding life and of course government.

The democracy model we practice is designed to communicate directly with the government with enough power to change or make decisions the government will follow. To do this we need to have people participate with us as they are the ultimate power. It is their vote which will accomplish these things.

Keep at your social computer, I think it is a good idea.

Yes I would be interested to see this:  I've formulated a solution together with Daniel Rosen that I could present here if anyone is interested = The Distributed Democracy Party.

Regards, Bruce

On 6/1/07, Mr Pras wrote:
Today Democracy is a joke - or a very well constructed game..

We are living in a slave-world folks where the people who are managing their
so-called democracy are really all in a communistic situation where they
share their wealth amongst themselves and the reset of us play a game we
call democracy.

It's easy to beat a democracy - create a powerful group that has several
runners for the presidency. One of your guys is going to win.

Secondly, democracy doesn't have to be generated via a democratic method.
This will never work/ Any real party needs real leadership and I believe a
mastery of leadership requires solid decisions. Democracy has never produced
solid decisions since it's inception. (maybe a few times)

I came up with a few pointers and an overall solution (potentially) to this
problem. Firstly, Capitalism is a form of democracy that you vote with your
money. Secondly, Democracy is a form of communism. We all get an equal share
in our voting rights. This I believe is where the core problem lies and have
discussed previously on this board other means of achieving group
decisionmaking.

I've formulated a solution together with Daniel Rosen that I could present
here if anyone is interested = The Distributed Democracy Party.

It's distributed meaning it exists in a cellular fashion - many nodes. It is
distributed because people get to vote on their local issues as well. It is
distributed because it is a technology based system that people can adopt
with minimum effort. It does not seek to replace government - it only seeks
to create an actual democratic decision-making system in the wider world of
the people themselves.

Democracy is a dead horse and if we aren't planning on re-inventing it we
should step down. The next generation will do it for us, but at least this
way we can participate in it's reform.

Pras Anand
Social Computer

--