01092: Re: [WDDM] Elections

From: <WDDM webmaster>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 20:35:59 -0700
Subject: Re: [WDDM] Elections

All:
Sorry for misinterpreting Filia's e-mail. Below is her further detailed
clarification and Jiri's.
I just wanted to make sure that everybody is comfortable with the process,
even if the details of the process may not matter that much (at this stage) to
most people. But consensus and creation of trust may matter, and are probably
helped with taking time to clarify things.
But as Mark agreed, I still think that the hybrid vote proposal is a good
one for this election, because it may accommodate more people.

Filia: thanks for your support. I really wanted to take a break from WDDM
organizing for a while. I am still willing to continue to take care of the website.
As for the number of Board members, the Charter we approved calls only for
3. But this can be changed, and so the candidates who ended up on the 4th, 5th,
etc. place can be co-opted later.
To accommodate these two suggestions of yours, I'll but blank fields on the
voting form, so that anybody can nominate (and vote for) additional candidates.
Again if I won't receive any objections against it soon.

More detailed instruction, and the announcement of the "official" start of
the elections will follow later.

Mirek

Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 18:47:39 +0200
From: Jiri Polak <jiri.polak(at)swipnet.se>

Again, I see things exactly as Filia. I support whatever decision the chief
activists will make. I am focusing on work in Czech Republic and the newsletter.
Sincerely, Jiri