01075: RE: [WDDM] Enitiatives.ch revolutionizes Direct Democracy-Press release

From: "Nicolas Durand" <nicolas(at)enitiatives.ch>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 11:11:25 +0200
Subject: RE: [WDDM] Enitiatives.ch revolutionizes Direct Democracy-Press release

Hi Ted,

I am not sure what you mean by "direct deliberative democracy", but I think
(if I understand the concept right), that Enitiatives is exactly that:

The process is:

1. Any citizen can start an Enitiative (=an idea, a project)

2. Other citizens will vote for it
AND
comment it (forum)
AND
make changes to it (Wiki)

3. When there are enough votes, a Working Group finalizes the project
according to what has been said in the forum and moves forward (letter to
govt, real initiative, etc.)

The Working Group is put together by members of Enitiatives. I arbitrarily
set the number of people in the WG to 7 (but this can be discussed). If
there are more, the WG is elected by all members of Enitiatives.

Does that answer your question?
Or am I missing something?

Oh, well, of course, yes, Enitiatives is, for now, an online-only system.
But nothing prevents Enitiatives members or anyone to take an action to his
village council or wherever and discuss it "face-to-face".

Nico

P.S: Why don't you sign up and launch a "dummy" or real Enitiative for
Canada, to get familiar with the system?
No Enitiative will be displayed before a reviewer approves it (just to avoid
spam and aggressive content), so you can play with it if you wish!