01057: News: THORP DELIVERS FOR MEADOWS AND MORNINGSIDE

From: "duncan(at)votethorp.com" <votethorp(at)googlemail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 22:22:06 +0100
Subject: News: THORP DELIVERS FOR MEADOWS AND MORNINGSIDE

Date: Monday 16 April 2007
Embargo: Immediate
www.votethorp.com
Honesty, Respect, People

Call or text me on 07989 790 756 or email duncan(at)votethorp.com

THORP DELIVERS FOR MEADOWS AND MORNINGSIDE
City of Edinburgh Council candidate for Meadows and Morningside, Duncan Thorp, has delivered the People not Politicians newsletter to residents in the local area.

The newsletter introduces Duncan as a viable independent candidate and highlights the wasted vote of choosing yet another gang of political party politicians (please see attached PDF file of one of the free A4 double-sided newsletters).

Duncan Thorp said:

"On the 3 May people will be given the choice of voting for the same, old political parties or the chance to vote for a wide range of independent candidates instead.

"Most party politicians can't be trusted to stand up for people like us and we need to reject this failed, tribal politics that we  keep on choosing at every election.

"Only free, independent and principled candidates can be trusted with our votes in May."

ENDS

Notes to Editors:

1 For more details about Duncan Thorp's campaign please click here.

2  Duncan is standing as an independent for the City of Edinburgh Council elections, Meadows and Morningside ward. Duncan is also standing as an independent candidate for the Scottish Parliament for Lothian region. Both elections are on Thursday 3 May. For more details on the election please click here.

3 Biography: Duncan Thorp worked in the Scottish Parliament for over 4 years, firstly as a press officer for the Scottish Liberal Democrats and most recently as a Parliamentary Aide to two MSPs. Born on 26 September 1977 he has a BA (Hons) in Journalism from Napier University in Edinburgh and worked as a journalist before joining parliament. For more biography details please click here.

Vote Thorp – Independent
Honesty, Respect, People

--
Duncan Thorp
Independent Candidate - Election 2007

Call or text me: 07989 790 756

Scottish Parliament, Lothian region
City of Edinburgh Council, Meadows and Morningside ward

Thursday 3 May 2007