01024: Re: [WDDM] Re: WDDM Membership Requirement

From: "Bruce Eggum" <bruce.eggum(at)gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 22:58:11 -0600
Subject: Re: [WDDM] Re: WDDM Membership Requirement

Mirek, I appreciate your adopting the mission statement.
We need that to know our direction.
Than, members would have to agree to this basic mission statement.

I suggest  we now use the old FD as a basis or outline to begin, that is the format of democratic decisions, decided by vote, initiatives which anyone can bring which would develop into proposals and finally be decided in referendum.

Keep what we like and delete the rest.

This gives us a basic beginning which also agrees with Marks proposal.

I do not know what you mean the original was to confusing. If you intend to "over see" something using direct democracy methods, you need something to oversee. Thus the Committee and it's process will be that agency of WDDM to  oversee.

This divided powers is a safe guard, especially protecting minorities and defeating factions. Instead of only the Committee, or only the Members having total power there are two different bodies evaluating the decisions under this DD process. Administration, with just enough power to have the decisions implemented is necessary. This is also the responsibility of the Committee, who are over seen by the members.

We also need a secretary and others who will preform certain tasks and provide accountability which the new committee is tasked with drawing up.

If Marks proposal is accepted we have a beginning.

Regards, Bruce

On 3/2/07, M. Kolar wrote:
Dear Bruce and all!
   It is actually not clear what exactly have you proposed below (on Feb. 26),
and so my first reaction to that e-mail may also have been unclear.

   Were you proposing to adopt for our current purposes the WHOLE original FD
as published at
http://www.world-wide-democracy.net/archive/original_wddm/OriginalFoundingDoc.html
or only a part of it that you copied into your e-mail below?
That is only, the mission statement and the chapter 3 of the original FD
(membership rules), or even only Article 3.1 from Chapter 3? Please, clarify!

   Of course, I also without reservations agree with the Mission Statement of
the original FD, as probably most of the other present members of the WDDM.
I'll actually add it to the present Mission statement as published on WDDM home
page right away.

   But I believe that the rest of the original FD is to complicated and
impractical, and I am against it adoption as the acting rules for the present
WDDM. I much more prefer the recent short Charter proposal formulated by Mark
Antell.

    Mirek

--
Bruce Eggum