01015: Fwd: Re: Original founding document - [WDDM] Re: WDDM Membership Requirement

From: <WDDM webmaster>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 04:51:40 -0800
Subject: Fwd: Re: Original founding document - [WDDM] Re: WDDM Membership Requirement

Bruce,
I though that the question of the original FD had been settled long time
ago. Together with whether we can inherit the old name WDDM or have a new one,
etc. We had long discussions about it. Original FD was generally thought to be
too long and impractical for the being. We decided to
keep the old name (nobody from the original founding members have yet protested
against it) but wanted to start from a new beginning, seemed e.g.
http://www.world-wide-democracy.net/Wiki/NameorWDDM
Also here: http://www.world-wide-democracy.net/Wiki/WddmGoals

You want a discussion and vote on your proposal below to adopt the original
FD. But we have had in recent months the discussion of our "active group" (on
the basis of the last year's poll) to put together a new FD, to which you also
submitted your input, and Mark is being compiling and is about to release a
charter draft. So maybe we should process this new FD first?
I guess, we will need to establish a proposal/initiative queue in which
order to process proposals. I proposed an automated one,
http://democracy.mkolar.org/toDonald.html, but we can do it manually for now.
We can deal first with those proposals that got most seconders.
Are there any seconders for Bruce proposal below?
Are there any additional seconders (I think I can already count Mark and
Filia?) for my proposal on Mission and membership as formulated on Febr. 25,
repeated here:
------------------
WDDM is a group of people who share the Mission Statement as formulated at http://www.world-wide-democracy.net/, and concentrate on
promoting this vision.

WDDM membership can be obtained quite easily by registering on the WDDM site as described at http://www.world-wide-democracy.net/join.php
However, the new member must satisfy the following minimum requirements: fill in correctly all the fields in the registration form. In
particular, give one's real name and in the box named "Relation to Direct Democracy" write a few words about themselves (individual
members) or a short description of the organization - any information that could be of interest to the DD community (and that is not yet
in the "DD public domain").

If the above information in not provided, the new members will be reminded to rectify this. If they fail to do so within another week
after this reminder, their WDDM member account will be deleted.
-----------------

The institution of "seconders" is to appear in the soon to be released mark
compilation proposal of our discussions. Sorry for leaking it in advance, but I
think it was handy for this situation.
This may actually be a not so bad way to start by trial and error.

Mirek

Bruce Eggum wrote:
Dear WDDM Members,

I joined WDDM a year or so after it's founding. I was invited by another
member, that is how it was done. I was given a copy of the FD and asked
to study it. I signed a statement that I agreed with the FD and
membership criteria. I was accepted by referendum two weeks later. As a
WDDM Member I am responsible to follow the WDDM membership clause, which
states to follow the WDDM FD.

This WDDM FD has never been changed or thrown out. It has been neglected
and overlooked.

I suggest WDDM take up the original WDDM Founding Documents as
established. Than, make any appropriate changes following the process
provided which is Initiative and Referendum.

We can do this now that we have a voting method. If you vote using the
new method, that is endorsement of that method. If you disagree with the
voting method, please immediately say so before the referendum.

I WDDM member Bruce Eggum submit the following three Proposals:

1. MEMBERSHIP I here by PROPOSE that the WDDM MEMBERSHIP CRITERIA be as
follows:
" 3.1 Any individual, with sound mind and without a criminal record, can
join our Movement by accepting our Founding Documents, Mission
Statement, and the Membership Rules and Conduct."

2. WDDM FD I here by PROPOSE that the original WDDM FOUNDING DOCUMENTS
be immediately adopted for the present WDDM and that any appropriate
changes can be made with the rules within the FD.

3. I propose that consideration and discussion of this be done for a
period of Four weeks, after which a Referendum will be held to accept or
reject my proposals #1 Membership and #2. WDDM FD
Bruce Eggum