00985: Re to Mark: [WDDM] Results/Next Steps: Toward a WDDM Charter

From: "Filia den Hollander" <fkdh(at)xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 08:27:43 +0100 (CET)
Subject: Re to Mark: [WDDM] Results/Next Steps: Toward a WDDM Charter

Hello Mark and all,

Yes, I oppose to how my response has been summarized.
My response: Charter will de facto not work due to internet nature of
group. WDDM can function as a resource for information and feedback for
national/local initiatives.

Den Hollander

Hi All,

About a month ago (January 3 to be specific) I posted “Toward a WDDM
Charter.” This was a series of questions which, if answered, allow for
construction of a draft charter including procedures for discourse and
adoption. The original posting is copied as an attachment.

First of all I’d like to thank the respondents. Your serious review is
reflected in your responses.

There were a dozen responses. That’s not bad for a group of about 4
dozen members. And it represents almost the entire cadre of members who
ever speak out on the board. The following is a characterization of the
answers:

Positive
Everingham - Supports a charter, supports options A, requests additional
wording on dissent.
Polak - Supports a charter, supports options A
Jackson - Supports a charter, supports options A
Eggum - Supports a charter, options 1C, 2B, 3B, 4A, 5B2, 6B, 7B
Cardeiro - Supports a charter, options 1B, 2A, 3B, 4A, 6A, 7A, 8A
Antell - Supports a charter, supports options A

Negative
Becker - No need for a charter. Group can only function as a chat group
VanHollander - No need for a charter. Group can only function as a chat
group
Rossin - No to the concept of a charter

Other
Ivanovna - Votes 'present'
Clayson - ?
Smith - Wants out

Please get back to me if I’ve mischaracterized anyone’s response.

It appears to me that there’s enough support to produce an actual draft
for discussion, modification and adoption. I’ll do so by the end of the
month.