00842: Re: [WDDM] Unequal voting rights? - Re: [WDDM] ReQuest for Defining "a bottom-up origin"

From: common1(at)voicesfordd.com
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 10:26:18 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [WDDM] Unequal voting rights? - Re: [WDDM] ReQuest for Defining "a bottom-up origin"

Antonio,

You and I have not had conversation to date, although I have read many of
your posts to WDDM, and I agreee with most. Generally, I am not a talker,
but a listener.

Yes, you are correct in what I meant. If you were to visit my website
"voicesfordd.com" and read about my theoretical DD named "America," my
stance on this issue would be much clearer.

I also think you would find my perspectives of a true democracy are in
line with your thinking. Read as much or as little of my writings as you
care to and then give me your comments. I would appreciate that.

Lee Gottlieb

Hi Lee -- and all,

Let me rewrite your statement below. Accordingly, you meant:

| In a *true* democracy, where "everyone has been given the
| full information about the subject of the vote before the vote",
| "everyone has an equal vote" -- provided only that "everyone
| doesn't vote on every issue, but only on those issues affecting
| him or her."

Is this what you wanted to mean? If so, I fully agree - but then,
people do not have an equal vote, since all the informations they
are being given are fixated issues of consent manufacturing and
political propaganda that are currently dropped down by an elitist
management.

Furthermore, "everyone do usually vote on every issue, not those
issues affecting him or her" -- because the policies have not been
originated bottom-up in the territory whose inhabitants, "him or her"
they affect.

Therefore, the problem to face is how to turn democracy from
a false to a true one, and the problem of increasing the people's
rights to vote is foolishness.

On this same topic, I also read a Mark Antell's post on 29-05-2006.
He wrote:

Hi All,

I've joined WDDM to promote direct democracy. I think that
the current US system of representative democracy was a very
good system, maybe the best possible, for a large country in the
18th century. Technology has improved, allowing us to improve
our democratic system accordingly.

I'm a bit concerned that WDDM is starting with a bunch of very
large goals. I don't know where improved democracy will lead.
I just tend to believe that most of the people around me are pretty
decent, and that government would be better (less oppressive,
more focused against abusive self interests) if it were more
closely controlled by average folk.

(snip)
Accordingly, may we agree that the bottom people should use
their equal votes to control what the elite authorities are doing?

If so, people should use their power of control, i.e. their votes, to:

- be given policies being originated from the territory bottom-up,
not from the elite top-down;

- be trained since babyhood to awarely question (discuss critically
as well as directly) the authority for whichever informations it
delivers top-down onto the voters

that is, the people should question their own family-school-society
education system in advance, if they really wanted to obtain a true
democracy.

What else?

Cheers,

antonio
------------------- original msg -----------------

At 11:06 -0500 2-12-2006, common1(at)voicesfordd.com wrote:
Mirek,

If I understand Anand's stance, I agree with you.
The contributions of a citizen to society should have nothing whatever
to do with increasing his rights to vote. This is foolishness. In a
true
democracy, everyone has an equal vote, and everyone has been given
the full information about the subject of the vote before the vote.
Furthermore, everyone doesn't vote on every issue, but only on those
issues affecting him or her. This, and only this, is true democracy.

Lee

--
THE FUTURE WILL BE WHATEVER
CURRENT GENERATIONS WILL IT TO BE!