00813: Re: [WDDM] ReQuest for Defining "a bottom-up origin"

From: Doug Everingham <dnevrghm(at)powerup.com.au>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 15:43:31 +1000
Subject: Re: [WDDM] ReQuest for Defining "a bottom-up origin"

It seems to me we need a method to replace selection of 'elite' authorities, and substitute CONSENSUS building, with interlinked feedback networks of all stakeholders - rather like the organization of cells in a multi-celled organism, where no organ dominates in toto but each contributes to interdependent efficiencies: heart, lungs, brain, glands, skin etc. Such 'organic' democracy is happening as described by www.sociocracy.biz
and Dr Shann Turnbull
http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_
and slowly being pursued by SmPol adopters [ www.simpol.org ]

-- Doug Everingham
===

From: Giorgio Menon <giorgio.menon(at)pd.infn.it>
Date: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:00:23 PM Australia/Brisbane
To: wddm@world-wide-democracy.net

Pras Anand wrote:

If we all get to choose one of three candidates, yet all three candidates are controlled or employed by the same administration where is the democracy?

Offering a wide variety of meat to a vegan is what current democracy is doing.
Yet i understand Mirek's worries: your proposal seems to offer a DIFFERENT elite the supremacy (currently in the hand of democracy) via merits achieved according specific goals/parameters. Now i understand that this higly ideal elite should guarantee a better distribution (of wealth, info, etc..) to the many, but what mechanism can even prevent the new elite to behave like any other elite (ie exploiting the resources per personal/cast reasons)?

Regards

Giorgio