00811: Re: [WDDM] Elite, the old frontier

From: Giorgio Menon <giorgio.menon(at)pd.infn.it>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 09:38:45 +0100
Subject: Re: [WDDM] Elite, the old frontier

Pras Anand wrote:

We need chiefs, warriors, thinkers, healers, nurses etc. The
"pre=history" of man was not an equal scenario either. Constant power
struggles between clans, casts, tribes, kingdoms, empires etc.

You might be surpsised to know that this is just a modern necessity.
Other cultures lacking chiefs and warriors (thus casts or elites)
experienced no "constant power struggles between clans, casts, tribes,
kingdoms, empires etc."
Should you be interested in testing what i'm saying you could read Jared
Diamond's "Guns, Germs and Steel" where he brilliantly talks about the
Moriori extermination. You can have an idea here
http://www.cominganarchy.com/archives/2005/09/28/jared-diamond-on-warfare/

Besides: YOU (and/or anyone else) may need chiefs, policemen, judges,
politicians, bankers, presidents and the whole plethora of persons whose
life is devoted to mantaining the current social stratification. But
that's none of my needs. I'm trying to communicate with you and others
on the basis of equal opportunities. I can't consider myself or you
"better" than anyone else. Should your system work here too i'd see no
equal opportunities but different opportunities with discriminations
based upon measurements of social convenience. Exactly the current
social model.

If everyone has an equal vote and therefore equal decision-making
capacity in the world that would be a great step from where we are
now. I'm just saying that it's not the be all and end all. Today our
vote means nothing.

Today our vote means nothing because of the social stratification that
has allowed upper casts (elites) to pre-determine the final outcome and
allow very little variations. They want our consent to give this tragey
the appearance of a "free choice". That's why they keep carpet bombing
our minds with hysterical concepts like Freedom, Democracy, Progress,
etc....that keep our level of attention about our own lives very low
(our fault). Unless we find a reasonable way to diminish their
influence, affluence and power this system will never cease to be a
working model and its founding axioms (division in casts) will rule not
only our lives (we deserve it, i assume) but also (thanks to science and
technology) the life of any dweller of this unlucky planet.

Best regards

Giorgio