00789: Re:[WDDM] Elite, the old frontier

From: s'ace <cjdegroot(at)orange.nl>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 23:24:19 +0100 (CET)
Subject: Re:[WDDM] Elite, the old frontier

hi elite,
how pretty are we here ...
meming the genius who tells what world-wide democracy is all about ...

;-)

what actually is a system?

is a system associated to the idea of a computer, to human as a computer ... all the time calculating ... in the head and listening to what
comes up as profitable ...
wauw, what a training for the head ... bang bang bang

are there other paradigms, steering models, communicating flows that can ne held for a system?

hmmm , we could talk and walk it over and over again ...
maybe we look at the word system ...

it came up to my pretty mastermind to look for http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/stem
i could not find the abbreveation DNA there ...
so search for dna & stem ... yeah there it is: stem cells

so, what is system: sy stem :: syn stem ...
syn :: integral
integral stem

in dutch the word stem is the same as "voice" ...

so system now transforms into syn-voice ...
which i thought could be something as "democracy" .. :: voice of all people, living together

basicly this is what www.globalgeniusvoter.com is about ...
do i hear here the not amused 1st reaction of some observers?
well, do i have to excuse myself for using a mask in my humble task as a creator to design for a new paradign by study?
sure, i have to excuse me , but i will not do this ...
because it is the creators choice to fit the rolerobe that enables the whole show to succeed ...
not amusing for a short while,
but more musing in the long endurable term.

in the discussion of old and young ... that seems to be alive in some contributions,
i think it could be wise to forget about the states way to divide people in young and old ...

i propose it can be better for all of us to be young and old at the same time ...
it is very relative ... indeed :

i met a guy of 78 lately, very interested in history and in the SDi language of how to approach relative things.
Sdi :: Spiral Dynamics integral, a way to characterize evolutionary stages in social patterns.

i thought, this guy is actually young because he is studying and interested and talking on matters that matter.
he did not make the choice to be just passive, no he is active and passionated ...
okay he may be older in age, more stiff in the bones ...
but how many properties are there to consider and analyse ...

~~~

just for this moment ...

every moment old and deja vu & very young new born baby into challenges ... to unbind, bind and rebind spheres.

:-)

& to pras:
can you think of a motive to take the jesterrole to hide a precious thing?
something with time and space and specie syn-stemming voices?

Datum: 20/11/06 07:42 PM
Van: "Pras Anand" <pras_anand(at)hotmail.com>
Aan: wddm@world-wide-democracy.net
CC:
Onderwerp : [WDDM] Elite, the old frontier

Hi Giorgio

Yet i understand Mirek's worries: your proposal seems to offer a DIFFERENT
elite the supremacy (currently in the hand of democracy) via merits
achieved according specific goals/parameters. Now i understand that this
higly ideal elite should guarantee a better distribution (of wealth, info,
etc..) to the many, but what mechanism can even prevent the new elite to
behave like any other elite (ie exploiting the resources per personal/cast
reasons)?

I don't understand the elite idea. I am not creating a new elitist system.
But I am also saying that not everyone is equal. You become more able by
contributing to others. This isn't elitism, it's competition. This, for me
is the key to activating a group. If someone is more motivated for change
and more able to create change - more change will happen. In my system, they
are also rewarded for this behaviour which opens new doors for them.

I'm talking about 1000's or millions of people interacting on real issues in
much the same way that they do in the multiplayer computer game
environments. Together they can make more active decisions as a group
because their strengths and weaknesses are displayed and based on their
actions. There is no elite in this story.

The new generation are using these technologies now. The only thing is that
the democratic processes haven't been applied to them yet. There will always
be those that rise above the rest in whatever way. In future, these changes
will happen over months instead of generations. The current elite are the
product of successful people from generations past. What would you prefer
than people being rewarded for their own successes?

Why should everyone be equal? This is not the way things work, there is no
possible situation where this would be possible. If you were suddenly to
distribute all the money in the world equally between everyone - it would
have reshuffled within a year with new rich and poor people.

I've been living near the poverty line for the last 10 years or so, lived in
hostels, friends couches - borrowed and donated properties etc. I still have
managed to go around the world talking about my work and other positive
actions going on in the near future. I haven't earned any money out of it,
and to be honest - i'm borrowing money to eat from friends. At the same
time - I've managed to achieve a lot and met a lot of people in hard
situations who have a lot to offer. My design is based on the struggles in
society. I live those struggles by choice - also I think "work" is just
industrial slavery = i never wanted a job. These things might be important
to know so you take into account what I am trying to achieve with the Social
Computer.

You cannot have a monopoly on a distributed system. There are new power
structures that will formulate within each social computer. But every 3
months the system is stored for dissemination and restarted. This cycle
allows us to view patterns and motions generated within the time period of
the experiment. It's an ecology i'm creating - a ecology of memes. New memes
which are being generated now by the visionaries. Each time - new memes are
introduced and we can watch them grow - attempt to test, respond, hack etc.

Another important aspect I've been working on is the image of the corporate
and political technologists. Mostly those companies are filled with cool
people who are willing to use their power to help find new ways that
everyone can be involved and supported by technology. This means
revolutionising the democratic process for example. If the "Elite" want to
support this work (even if they do not believe in it) I say take the support
and make sure it ACTUALLY supports the people (as opposed to most projects
of this kind where the local elite keep the money). I will be linking to the
top and the bottom of society (I know it's a shallow hierarchical model I'm
using) and cutting out the bullshit. It's not about the buzzwords, it's
about the person doing it.

For instance: I'm a very engaging person, involved in all manner of sciences
and technologies, an artist (digital music and video), I organise youth
projects, conceptualise new businesses, technologies and projects, I present
at conferences through the Social Computer (which is my own work) etc..
These all change the way I see the work I'm doing and it connects many
different kinds of people. This is perhaps the main solution towards any
problem. The trick at the moment is finding the right ones within the elite.
Most are lying through their teeth when they say things like "everyone
should have involvement and engagement" or "young people should decide on
their own policies". They don't mean it - and they don't even care most of
the time.

In my opinion - making solutions that make them happy while giving the kids
the opportunity to do their thing - this is the real solution. When these
kids grow older they will have a much more distributed way of doing things
and will have constructed new methods.. Take it from me, i've been working
on these kinds of projects (events/locations for change through
artistic/radical approaches) for about 15 years and I'm 29. Young people are
much more capable than people realise - in fact they will often exceed the
capacity of their elders given the opportunity. Bridging this gap, in my
opinion, is an important part of the solution that is not being adressed.
There are several others i could list here but it's turning into anothe
ramble/rant :)

Enjoy your day :)

"t(h)ree self one fo(u)r alll alll fo(u)r one self t(h)ree"