00744: Re: [WDDM] S"Re:Thoughts about our definitions of democracy (and a general ramble)

From: Antonio Rossin <rossin(at)tin.it>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 07:49:34 +0100
Subject: Re: [WDDM] S"Re:Thoughts about our definitions of democracy (and a general ramble)

At 23:35 +0100 11-11-2006, S'ace orange wrote:
let me snapshot 2 phrases out of antonios dialogue contribution ...
on pras

X:
=Unfortunately, the world I live in looks like a boat, where
no one can rightfully turn the helm to where one wants.=

Y:
=To me, Direct Democracy is *basically* a social arrangement
where policies have a bottom-up origin, that is, where policies
are originated directly by the people. If the people lack of this
very basis as the necessary starting point, any one's speaking
of (direct) democracy looks like a joke.=

X:
about the pivotal situation we are really in on the earthship is :
(metaphorical?)
we in holland we have this odd situation:
a priministre expressing himself contradictional to his strifes ...
but a lot of individuals, say familyheads, are following him
because of his Harry Potter face ...
say magical psychotherapist mediaboundness popeularity ...
nobody really knows what is going on on the ship ...
or what the forecast is of the wheather ...

well,
i learned it of great navigatorship to have some notion of the
wheatherforcast and ... having notice of some instrumants that are
available to help the professional, interesten ... captain on the ship ...
but ...
we have a critical situation here ...
because ... the new kings wife is breeding her lllth child and the
king has to rise ;-)

:{doesnt a ship prefer a captain iso a king? or can the king be a
captain too? schooled on Water&Sport&Maxima...}:

but in what cabinet: left right middle / left right / what colour ?

so ...
there is the after 2nd world war idea to go for the uulitimate all
party government / say "integral governance" /say ... having to
talk for each citizen involved = real communication affairs ....

and because this idea is pretty new (except for the prince bernhard
suggestion mid 70's) i think this new idea may shift voters pretty
fast to all kind of small parties that do not seem so far away from
people spirit than ever before in the "big party convention hypnotising" ...

hmmm....

Y:
the anyone speaking of (direct) democracy looks like a joke ...
notion of mr. rossin, a pre-IIWWarchild?, can be taken up very
seriously left & right Now ... (this Winter season?) if there is a
common viewpoint on what governmental quality standards on
technocratical professional progress shows off ...
one can easily say ...
"democracy vehicle is museum stuff"

and new generations ... speed up chaoticly ... emerging new
standards (to be installed)

;-)
for the pivotal moment here ...
s'ace

Dear S'ace,
you seem like missing the basic condition by which "the anyone
speaking of (direct) democracy looks like a joke ..." . This basic
condition is policies having or having not a bottom-up origin.

But... if the "emerging new standards (to be installed)" were really
emerging bottom-up, instead of being top-down indoctrinated as it
happens as by most post-IIWW children, then all of this mess of
words on what democracy is, or it shall be, could finally end into
a museum and we could begin to 'speak' of democracy by facts...

Ciao,
ant