00669: CED (Contemporary Ecclesia of Demos) worked in the island of Rhodes again!

From: <WDDM webmaster>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 15:17:12 -0600
Subject: CED (Contemporary Ecclesia of Demos) worked in the island of Rhodes again!

The photos and documents originally attached to this message can be viewed at
http://www.world-wide-democracy.net/dd_event_rhodes/

From: "George L. Kokkas Law Office" <geoko(at)otenet.gr>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 13:02:36 +0300

Dear DD colleagues,

I am proud to inform you that on July 14th, 2006, day of French Revolution
for Democracy, we succeeded to make DD happen!!
I coordinated the most serious event ever happened about Direct Democracy
in contemporary Greece. It was a gathering of the people (Demos) of the island
of Rhodes, as it happened in ancient times in the Ancient amphitheater of the
old town , who voted before their local elections not for representatives, but
on the major problems of the island in eight different entities(environment,
traffic problems etc.) giving an order to all candidates to face their view,
when they will be elected. Our NGO (Forum for Citizens' Democracy) organized
the whole event with a big success, under the auspices of local Authorities
and NGOs.
Please give publicity to this important event, as it inspires us for
authentic Democracy!

George L.Kokkas