00659: Re: [WDDM] On what I mean by the meaningfull WDDM

From: <WDDM webmaster>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 23:17:59 -0600
Subject: Re: [WDDM] On what I mean by the meaningfull WDDM

Subject: Re: [WDDM] On what I mean by the meaningful WDDM
From: Antonio Rossin <rossin(at)tin.it>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 06:55:56 +0200
To: wddm@world-wide-democracy.net

Hi,

I totally agree with M. Kolar's below.

As for all the aspirant ["Direct"?!?] Democracy rulers, let 'hem get
a devoted slot somewhere inside the WDDM depository.

Thanks,

antonio

At 21:12 -0600 26-06-2006, M. Kolar wrote:

Or a postscriptum to the just finished vote:

Dear WDDM-ers!

We can and definitely will continue the WDDM site as the depository of
the DD related (and more generally democracy-improvement related)
information, links, suggestion. For this no formal organization is
necessary. Just the dedication of one or a few people.

But it would be even better if we could put together a group of people
that would be able to produce basic documents appealing to a large
number of democracy-minded people, under which WDDM members from all
over the world would be willing to sign, something similar to SIMPOL,
but more DD oriented. We could then speak with a single voice,
participate for example in simultaneous letter-writing campaigns in
various countries, or send the same proposals to the
politicians/parliaments in various countries, start similar education
initiatives among your people.

Right now, we for example even don't have a statement what we actually
mean by Direct Democracy ...

The 2000 WDDM founding members were apparently mostly the "DD model
people". Most of them have formulated their own models on how a DD
society should be organized, which institutions it should have. The
models had some similar features, but they were also in completion
among themselves. Also, this was to some extent a top-down approach.
They had these more or less finished models and wanted them to put in
practise apparently by establishing DD parties, that would win the
elections and introduce these models. This approach has the danger
that any political party, even a DD one is susceptible to corruption
or at least to accepting the current particracy methods once in power.
But if this danger would be successfully avoided, then one would
expect that the citizens would see hopefully soon the advantages of
these models "more or less forced upon them from top" by the
successful DD politicians, educate themselves in DD, and accept DD for
good.