00561: New link to "CULTURE AND LITERACY"

From: Georges Metanomski <zgmet(at)wanadoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 18:42:40 +0100
Subject: New link to "CULTURE AND LITERACY"

===============================================Paulo:
The link you put here is fine. It is incredible the illiteracy of many
graduated and PHD
who can´t understand questions that are supposed to be understood by
ones who haven´t
study. I even know people who reads badly , but can express consistent
ideas about a topic
that others who studied can´t. There are 3 steps :

1) Learn how to read

2) Develop the habit of reading

3) Develop the habit of reflecting and the critical sense.
===============================================Justin:
Georges, I'm not able to open the link you provided. I could be my
Bronze age computer
though.
Illiterates have also become wide spread due to phonics learning
systems that have
failed repeatedly in the U.S. In this case though the "shitheads" or
barbarians can read,
they just cannot spell. Antonyms, homonyms, synonyms, and paronyms
are completely lost on
the "shitheads".

Hope it works. Have fun.
Georges