00474: Re: Welcome!

From: <WDDM webmaster>
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2005 18:19:28 -0700
Subject: Re: Welcome!

Dear Daniel,
Here is my response to your request for comments on the NVD site:

I think that I have now checked in detail all the pages on your site.
I personally liked all I have seen - it is exactly the type of the DD system
that I advocate: Nobody is forced to vote on any issue, one can vote only on
issues that are close to their heart. There is no minimal treshold of
participants in each "referendum".

I noticed two little problems: On "From Our Candidate" page, at the bottom,
you say: Candidate for Congress 2002
Should probably read: 2006
And in FAQ, the link to your professional resume is dead.

I have not found on the site any technical details of your voting system.
You surely know that there are many detractors of electronic voting, and
even some Open Software Project experts gave up on this subject, coming to the
conclusion, that it is, at the present time, a very hard thing to do properly,
to make such a system absolutely resistent to any possible attack. How good is
your system in this respect? It is usually thought/required that for the users
of such a system to be comfortable with using it, they must have an independent
access to the inner workings of the system, to be able to check the computer
code used by the system, to make sure that there is no slightest fraud
possible. How do you tackle this?

Best regards,
Miroslav (Mirek)

rosen(at)vpsystems.net wrote:

Thanks so much, Miroslav. I've registered, and replied to your question
on our member page.

Your response was so much appreciated.

Best regards,
Daniel