00425: Re: Democracy Workshop (Antonio et Al)

From: Giorgio Menon <giorgio.menon(at)pd.infn.it>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 09:09:09 +0200
Subject: Re: Democracy Workshop (Antonio et Al)

Georges Metanomski wrote:

Antonio, jumping-in:

Really, George's writing

http://members.fortunecity.com/georges/demo_archive/transition_to_democracy
was not so known to the list - at least to the list-member I am.

Let me try to discuss it now, inserting my comments into its text.
It reads:
G:
You should not talk in the name of lists. You may not have
noticed, but the issue has been several times discussed,
recently with Tanguessy, who strongly argued in favor of
revolutions.

Was i? I though i had said that talking about possible transitions in
current societies while eating a steak and drinking fine wine is a nice
activity. Facing your own kids hunger is a necessity. Sometimes people
have no choice: they either react (yes, violently, because hunger is
violent) or starve. Philosophizing about hunger is simply silly. I'm
afraid this was not clear in my original post. Hope it's clear now.

Best regards

Tonguessy