00422: Democracy Workshop (Antonio et Al)

From: Georges Metanomski <zgmet(at)wanadoo.fr>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 19:33:03 +0200
Subject: Democracy Workshop (Antonio et Al)

Antonio, jumping-in:

Really, George's writing

http://members.fortunecity.com/georges/demo_archive/transition_to_democracy
was not so known to the list - at least to the list-member I am.

Let me try to discuss it now, inserting my comments into its text.
It reads:
G:
You should not talk in the name of lists. You may not have
noticed, but the issue has been several times discussed,
recently with Tanguessy, who strongly argued in favor of
revolutions. But that's neither here nor there, so let's
move to the tahles.

I refused so far to discuss with you, not because of any
personal dislike, but because I believe that our
discussions, doubtless by my fault, are totally meaningless
and void of any interest.

This time, however, you addressed not me, but the Democracy
Workshop Forum (see Appendix) and I have no right to disregard
your post, nor BTW to answer it in the name of the Forum. All
I could do was to present your message to the Forum
Coordinator, who, the charge being taken in turn, is
currently a 19 years old boy named Beranger.

That's his answer:
First, we welcome Antonio's interest for Forum's work and ask
him if he wishes to participate in the Forum. If not we shall
leave it at that. If yes, we shall await his future
contributions while asking him to comply with Forum's and
Debate's rules. BTW he may challenge them and have them
eventually modified by Forum, always remembering that in
our DD Forum he would have one voice in current 27.

His current message cannot be presented to the Forum, as it
is at variance with several Forum rules. A few examples:

ANT: "Paradoxically, Particracy manages outspokenly to give
the people ALL of what the people want to receive ..."

At variance with Debate Pertinency: It lacks justification,
while being contrary to Forum's consensus that Particracy
robs us (fishermen, cultivators, craftsmen, etc.) of all
we wish and need to live and work adequately.

Antonio's paragraph starting with "Unavoidably, any I&R
proposed issue is under great risk of being conditioned by
the Bureaucracy in office..." is not understandable to simple
Forum members. Does he, or does he not agree with Forum's
stand on I&R (2.1.1.I&R) and if not then why?

Antonio's comments on "2.2.1.1.2.LOGISTIC" and in particular
"Which (self education) is not a matter of "Consensus
Building" upon some top-down"platform" or "constitution"..."
is not acceptable. Following the structuration rule it should
deal with a single issue, namely the 3P Platform and problems
of learning to use it. but instead it deals with some Deus ex
Machina and non pertinent topics. What has any "top-down
platform" to do here? What is it BTW? Why not "left-right
platform" for that matter? What "constitution"? Why discuss
here Consensus Building? Forum agreed on this topic having
essential importance for DD procedures. Antonio may of course
challenge it and try to convince the Forum, but only by
hanging his arguments under the chapter "Consensus Building"
an not under Logistic where it's like a hair in the soup.

Antonio's "Unfortunately, the so-called "RELATIVISTIC
DIALECTIC" is presented in facts as an ABSOLUTE REFERENTIAL"
lacks justification and its sarcasm seems to imply some
emotional and personal rather than rational stand.
RD in general and its logical and logistic implementation,
the CN is the unanimously accepted Forum's base and support.
It may of course be called into question, but only by a
constructive definition of a better support and certainly
not by sarcastic emotional vociferations.
In name of our Forum
Georges
Appendix, The DD Forum

Our village DD Forum is IMO the only real DD activity
outside of Israeli Kibuzim. It has initiated, discussed and
agreed upon several issues, counting some local and
national level successes.
Locally it obliged regional administration to stop
polluting the soil with chemical herbicides.
Nationally, it started the debate on windmills, which
extended itself over several associations and influenced
the parliament's vote which severely restricted the
monster.
A recent topic is the DD itself, documented in
http://members.fortunecity.com/georges/workshops/democracy/index.html