00273: Re: various (lozenge etc.)

From: Giorgio Menon <menon(at)pd.infn.it>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 08:36:34 +0200
Subject: Re: various (lozenge etc.)

Georges Metanomski wrote:

G:
IMO, hatred engenders hatred and makes one to an
aggressive, but inefficient animal.
You know some of my experiences in Warsaw Ghetto, in
Gestapo interrogation etc.
I also, using Zen, disarmed twice with naked hands
an armed terrorist. If I hated them, I would have
been shot. Zen, or better said, the sincere human
awareness sees all as one, thus my "enemies" as parts
of me. If a part of me, a finger, gets rotten, I try
to heel it, I may have to cut it, but, good Lord, how
can I hate my finger? When all is one and your own hand
moves to strike you, it's easy to block it with the
other, isn't it?
Georges.

Hi Georges,
your message made me think a lot. I wonder why the same Georges can
"easily" disarme a terrorist while cannot disarme a nazi. Maybe the
answer is that while a terrorist is not a social beast, the nazi is.
Terrorists are deranged minded humans inside a "civilized" society and
nazis are simple humans inside a deranged minded society. Thus these
latter are way more dangerous, and never listen their inner voice.
Terrorists are desperate, nazis are not. It reminds me of an experiment
where common people were asked to carry a scientific experiment under
direct management of a team of scientists. Basically in a room behind a
thick glass there was an actor ( the person to be tested) and the
inividual was asked to cause him pain (fake). The scientists keep
telling him/her that pain was an inevitable part of the experiment, but
that it was under control. So every time the common people hit the red
button the actor would move in the desperate search for an impossible
freedom. The sad result was that very, very few individuals refuse to go
on. The vaste majority of them did what the scientists were suggesting
even if their action caused terrible pains. Who dares to challenge a
well structured system, be it modern science or nazism?

Best regards

Giorgio