00231: [Fwd: URGENT - I need your postal (SNAIL) address [EVERYONE'S A CITIZEN BABY]]

From: <WDDM webmaster>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 15:36:30 -0600
Subject: [Fwd: URGENT - I need your postal (SNAIL) address [EVERYONE'S A CITIZEN BABY]]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: URGENT - I need your postal (SNAIL) address [EVERYONE'S A
CITIZEN BABY]
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 12:54:55 +0200
From: Filia den Hollander <fkdh(at)xs4all.nl>
To: Filia den Hollander <fkdh(at)xs4all.nl>

Hello everyone,

Things are heating up here. The Blue House opens on Sunday May 29th,
and, June 1st, the date of our national Dutch referendum is getting
closer. Thomas Rupp and his “crew” from the European No Campaign decided
to spice things up and organize an international NO conference in my
city, Amsterdam, on May 21st, which I greet with great pleasure.

The Blue House is an art project by Jeanne van Heeswijk. It is inspired
by famous colored houses in art history such as “The Yellow House” of
Vincent van Gogh, as a symbol of (supposed) artistic hospitality, and
the “Casa Azul” in which Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera contrived their
revolution and visualized the bond between art, the city, and politics.
Crucial in such houses is the interaction between its guests (internal)
and the outside world as well, the creation of an infrastructure for
exchange of ideas and information. They have been letters, and, in The
Blue house they will be letters. Therefore, The Blue House specifically
asks its guests (a.o. the EVERYONE’S A CITIZEN BABY project) to write
letters.

These letters will be printed and sent to people of the network of The
Blue House. I’m currently preparing an open letter to Gisela Stuart to
be published in newspapers and as a Blue House letter. All letters
together – in a period of 4 years – of all The Blue House’s guests will
create a unique time document of art, architecture, and politics. They
are designed in such a way that the people of The Blue House network can
easily compile a book out of it – The Blue House Book or The Blue House
Collection or whatever.

If you’re interested in in becoming a member of The Blue House network
and receive its letters, please send me ASAP your postal (SNAIL)
address. Jeanne and her team are now sending out press releases and the
such, and are compiling the mailing list for The Blue House. The first
letter and the invitation for the Opening of The Blue House will be sent
very soon. Ramón Mosterd, of Jeanne’s team, let me know they need the
addresses today, at latest tomorrow.

If you are enthusiastic, you can donate money of course to The Blue
House, but in principle The Blue House as well as EVERYONE’S A CITIZEN
BABY are created from the viewpoint of generosity (we want to /give /not
ask) - that’s one of the qualities of art (FdH said in an educational
mood ;-).

Kind regards, awaiting your responses,
Filia den Hollander

-----