00221: Ale hop ... and Participative Budgets

From: Leopoldo Salgui <lsalgui(at)demopunk.net>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 12:58:01 +0200
Subject: Ale hop ... and Participative Budgets

Dear friends,
I beg your pardon to delay my contributions to the WDDM's workshop on
Monitoring Democracy and my poor support of the TEAM's activities.

During last weeks we have been hardly working at a comprehensive report on the
governmental propaganda activities during the Spanish plebiscite. The Spanish
version can be downloaded from
http://www.demopunk.net/sp/intern/europe/pcon_index_sp.html#INFO20F

However the English version is still an incomplete (but available) work
http://www.demopunk.net/en/intern/europe/pcon_index_en.html#INFO20F
because the Spanish Supreme Court has just required us to formalize our
lawsuit against the electoral authorities due to relinquishment of functions.
I will keep you informed on this affair.

On the other side, I am trying to fulfil a petition from Mirek Kolar to keep
you informed on the Participative Budgets in Spain. This month the Spanish
magazine "El Viejo Topo" publishes a report on the 1-year experience of the
Participative Budgets in Seville. [I am in charge of the section Europe of
the magazine]

Seville is a big city in the South of Spain (over 2 millions of inhabitants).
I am trying to get the electronic copy of the report and to get in touch its
author with the European democracy activism. Spain is being the gateway into
Europe of this procedure of Participative Democracy.
http://www.demopunk.net/sp/sp/direct/porto/pp.html

Regards, Leo