00218: Re: "embedding"

From: "M. Kolar" <wddm(at)mkolar.org>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 02:10:56 -0600
Subject: Re: "embedding"

Josep,
you can put or embed whatever you want on your WDDM Wiki pages (pages that
you create and own).
That is your space for which you are solely responsible.
Mirek

Josep Lluís wrote:

Friends,

You may remember that I talked some time ago about the open share resources
idea that I have been proposing from the wiki for for World Citizenship,
Global Justice and World Democracy (that by the way I invite you to visitat
http://ascop.editme.com/home. You might even consider to join its member
list that I call the Community of World Citizens,
http://ascop.editme.com/ind). Some of you may ever have visited and be
somehow familiar with them. The fact is that I have always considered direct
democracy as a nuclear element of any democratic global governance system.
Thus, the open share resources (i.e. open journal, encyclopedia and quotes
database) all include some material about direct democracy.

I would very much like to embed these three open share resources at the
wwddm wiki, but, of course, can't do it if there is not some consensus about
that. You may see what each resource looks like either embedded into a wiki
or stand-alone:

Embedded:
http://ascop.editme.com/ejournal
http://ascop.editme.com/cyclopaedia
http://ascop.editme.com/Quotes

Stand-alone:
http://worldcitizenopinion.com/sppro/bpg/default.asp
http://worldcitizen.wikicities.com/index.php/Main_Page
http://ascop.editme.com/Quotes

And as a small test into the wwddm wiki:
http://www.world-wide-democracy.net/Wiki/SuggestionBox

It is true that it is perhaps a bit too early for this proposal, but, on the
other hand, including them into the wwddm wiki would add some dynamic
elements that would perhaps attract the attention of visitors and even
members.
I am asking thus for your opinion, can I proceed to embedding them? Do you
prefer to wait? Are you just against it?

Regards
Josep