00193: Re: New application No. 22

From: lpc1998 <lpc1998(at)lpc1998.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 19:30:51 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: New application No. 22

I have no objection to Richard Moore's application for WDDM membership.

Eric Lim (lpc1998)

webmaster <wbm@world-wide-democracy.net> wrote:
Please submit your comments/approval before April 31:
This is also placed in
http://www.world-wide-democracy.net/Wiki/NewApplicationsReceived

* This is a request from richard(at)cyberjournal.org to become a WDDM member

Dear WWDM,

For 30 years I was in the software R&D industry in Silicon Valley. In 1994 I
quit my career and moved to Ireland to become a writer. Not a writer in the
sense of art or profession, but in the sense of developing my ideas and
sharing them. My motivation came from my understanding that the world system
is dysfunctional, and I wanted to contribute to changing it.

I've published dozens of articles in magazines and journals around the world
- a wide variety of venues, including liberal magazines, Marxist journals,
militia newsletters, and student 'zines. Everything I write gets posted
first to my email lists. My most successful article so far has been
"Escaping the Matrix", published first in Whole Earth (2000) and then
elsewhere. If you look in google, you'll find that it's been posted to lots
of websites (usually without me being informed). I've gotten at least a
hundred enthusiastic letters and messages in response to that article.

I self-published a pamphlet called "The Zen of Global Transformation", which
had an enthusiastic but very small following. I didn't do much to promote
it...not sure why. I still have a few copies available, and it's posted on
my website. I've now got a book almost ready for publication, "Escaping the
Matrix - Global Transformation: Why We Need It, And How We Can Get It". I
will be spending full-time promoting that when it it finished.

The book presents an analysis of how the world system works at present,
including the sham of liberal democracy. But the main thesis, the most
unique part, is my understanding of how we can change things and what real
democracy is about. I don't agree with the models currently being proposed
by WWDM, but you folks have the same goals I do and I think this would be a
good forum for me to participate in.

best regards,
Richard Moore (rkm)
http://cyberjournal.org