00180: On comments at Wiki

From: lpc1998 <lpc1998(at)lpc1998.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 09:54:53 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: On comments at Wiki

Dear Bruce, Dear All,

I have just posted again my comments at Wiki. This time, it is on 'Rationale for the Proposed Changes to COR' at: http://www.world-wide-democracy.net/Wiki/ProposedRulesSummary

I think there is a problem here. Members who do not pay a regular visit to the relevant Wiki web pages or do not know how to go there would miss the discussions. Any solution to this problem?

Best Regards
Eric Lim (lpc1998)

Bruce Eggum <bruce.eggum(at)gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Eric and WDDM Group,

This is a great example of why any group and especially a cyber group
needs policy, procedure and structure. Even a basic e-mail list has a
procedure to follow to join, and a confirmation from the email address
given.

We began with virtually no policy, procedures or structure. Mirek was
good enough to give us those basic procedures so we could begin.

Now it is time for this group to begin making our own structure. We
can adopt those policy which are working, improve them or replace
them.

This is why Mirek set up Wiki and has links to the different topics we
need to address. As members, we have a responsibility to share our
ideas and views during the discussion period so many ideas can be
considered in the final drafts. Than, in the final stage we will seek
consensus. I believe it will be necessary to have a voting procedure
to determine consensus. This will be another project.

We must be patient, and develop this structure so we can make
decisions democratically for the group, with everyone having a voice
in the discussions and a vote in the tally.

It is exciting to develop a living organization which will change and
improve by the members input.

Look forward to your input here
http://www.world-wide-democracy.net/Wiki/WddmProjects

ATB Bruce