00076: Re: WDDM and WDDF Forum

From: "M. Kolar" <wddm(at)mkolar.org>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 00:47:43 -0600
Subject: Re: WDDM and WDDF Forum

Hi again!
Here is a few more words from me:
Maybe WDDF and WDDM may just become complemetary parts of the world-wide
network that we want to build.
By the way, what is the Mission of WDDF? I could not find it.

And more important, what are the mission/goals of our WDDM? We have
gathered here because we have at least one thing in common: we want to
advance somehow DD. We differ in many details on how to do it.
I think we should first try to find some common basis, all the unites us.
We should not hurry too much, go step by step, when one thing is clear,
move onto the next one.
Which technical means we will be using is not too much important.
I think we really need rather strict procedural rules, that everybody is
willing to observe. Then we should formulate better mission and some goals.
It is not important now what we call ourselves (group, association,
community, ...). We should create a clearer picture of us, so other people
might decide whether to join or not.
For all these we really need somebody (a moderator), who would keep the
discussion organized, and be accepted by everybody. It should be rather soon
somebody else than me. Are there any volunteers? What about Bernard
Clayson??? :-)

I also recommend we have some ethics rules, such a strong ban on any
personal attacks. We could use Wikipedia ethics standards. (Does WDDF have
something like that?)

And it would be nice if somebody from the old WDDM formulated for the
record what positive could we take over from their experience. That might be
a good step for the reconcilliation with the past, and a new start.