02967: RE: View Direct Democracy South Africa

From: "Comtrend" <comtrend(at)mweb.co.za>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 22:46:22 +0200
Subject: RE: View Direct Democracy South Africa

Hi Ted,

Thank you for the reply

“Democracy” is just about the most ambiguous word in the English dictionary

Zimbabwe is a “Democracy”. Democratic Republic of Congo is a “Democracy”

England is a  “Democracy”. This is at a different level to the previous 2

The common thread is that the politicians will speak nicely for 2 months and ignore for the next 5  years

Switzerland is a real Democracy

It does not matter whether it is a single party or multiparty. If we, as voters, do not have control over our politicians, we live in a “between elections dictatorship”

I will look at your book and blog and comment later. What part of the world are you from?

Regards

Jim Powell, Johannesburg, South Africa