02836: Fwd: RE: WDDM: Direct Democracy is coming soon to a country near you!

From: wbm@world-wide-democracy.net
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 07:52:34 -0400
Subject: Fwd: RE: WDDM: Direct Democracy is coming soon to a country near you!

----- Forwarded message from jimpowell(at)mweb.co.za -----
    Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 12:15:08 +0200
    From: Jim Powell <jimpowell(at)mweb.co.za>
      To: wbm@world-wide-democracy.net

Hi Jean-Francios,

Thank you for the email

We do not have direct democracy in South Africa

We have started a movement where the ward councillors sign a social contract before the elections for referendum and recall.

We are promoting no contract, no vote, or spoilt paper as a protest vote

Regards

Jim Powell

Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 11:42:25 -0500
From: JF Frenette <jf.frenette(at)onlineparty.ca>
To: wddm@world-wide-democracy.net

Dear Members of WDDM,

My name is Jean-François Frenette and I am a member of the "Online Party of Canada" - a new Internet-based political party (pending registration) founded on the principles of electronic direct democracy: http://www.onlineparty.ca

We are pleased to inform you that an Electronic Direct Democracy (E2D) Manifesto is currently being collaboratively written by members of E2D Parties worldwide:

# Demoex in Vallentuna, Sweden (local): http://demoex.net/en
# Online Party of Canada (national): http://www.onlineparty.ca/
# Citizens for Direct Democracy, Belgium (national): http://www.directdemocracy.be
# Senator Online, Australia (national): http://senatoronline.org.au/
# Aktiv Demokrati, Sweden (national): http://aktivdemokrati.se/
# Partido de Internet, Spain (national): http://partidodeinternet.es/
# Online Reglemented Party, Romania (national): http://partidulro.info

...and many more to come...

Many of you have been involved with promoting the idea of direct democracy since the First International Congress on Direct Democracy was held in 1998. That being said, we could REALLY use your help and expertise in promoting our movement in your respective regions.

If you would like to get involved, please send an email to e2d-international(at)googlegroups.com

We have political parties registered and ready to run in national elections with a single promise: direct democracy.

Now we just need to spread the word, educate people on the benefits of citizens' sovereignty and inform our elected representatives that Aki Orr's vision of "Politics without Politicians" is coming!

Welcome to the future of politics!

Sincerely,

Jean-François Frenette
jf.frenette(at)onlineparty.ca

"There is nothing more powerful than an idea whose time has come"
- Victor Hugo

----- End forwarded message -----