02822: Escape clause

From: Joseph Hammer <parrhesiajoe(at)gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 00:17:07 -0800
Subject: Escape clause

When going down the list of possible choices in government, a few things that I have HEARD philosophers say become plainly clear and deadly relevant.

"I know only that I know nothing" comes to mind.

Assume your plans are going to go awry, and... have a plan. An escape clause.

A few options...

Any time the people are N% in favor of a complete rebalance, or even a shift back towards a hybrid representational model... or away to a fee-for-use anarcho-capitalist system... or to any of a number of other systems.

Or

Same option, but put to a tournament every ten years or so... Anyone thinking themselves brilliant can propose a new form of government, and the people put their stamp of approval on the one they like.

Or

Jurisdictional discretion. An escape clause that provides a means for a region to form their own government, with the consent of 50% or 75% or 80% of the people in that region... or whatever.

Any of these could be used, or a combination... or another method.

I like Jurisdictional discretion, especially... This would be especially good for Native Americans... we could do them a solid for _once_ =P They deserve to be sovereign... more than just in name.

Anyways... ESCAPE CLAUSES!!! Assume you are wrong... no one has gotten it right, yet, so... make it so the powers that WILL get entrenched cannot prevent their COMPLETE excision.

Pj