02618: Re: [WDDM] 5th WDDM ( Worldwide Direct Democracy Movement) Congress related to "DD and similar initiatives by country"

From: "Ted Becker" <becketl(at)auburn.edu>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 09:30:52 -0500
Subject: Re: [WDDM] 5th WDDM ( Worldwide Direct Democracy Movement) Congress related to "DD and similar initiatives by country"

Hi George:

As you know, I won't know if I can attend until around mid-August and
then would have to make last minute arrangements. If all goes VERY well
with my recuperation, I could make it...but I can't promise or make
arrangements now.

Are you aware of the very large DD meeting Bruno and Dane are having in
California this summer? Bruno contacted me via Facebook and sent a copy
of the program. Have you seen it? Very impressive. The Swiss
government is a co-sponsor.

Looking forward to that letter to me. It could be very helpful for me
to get the $$ to attend...or help WDDM in the future.

Ted.

Δικηγορικό Γραφείο Γ. Λ. Κ όκκα & Συνεργατών <geoko(at)otenet.gr>
4/7/2010 10:06 PM >>>
Dear DD colleagues,

We try to organize the 5th WDDM Congress next September
(15-19, 2010)in Greece, as we celebrate this year the 10th anniversary
of WDDM establishment here, but we have not noticed a serious
interest for participation ( only a few DD supporters expressed
their interest yet).
Please notice your interest for participation in the next 10
days, the possible topics of the agenda that you wish to be set and
discussed among us, the amount of money (in Euro) that each one
could spend for accommodation, participation etc. (in order to find
the appropriate hotels near the Congress Halls etc.) and proposals
for fundraising (as we had Arnot Consultants from California as
Sponsors of our Congress in year 2000).
Please have a look at our sites:
http://www.world-wide-democracy.net/navigation_help.php
www.theeuropeancitizen.blogspot.com
www.theeuropeandemocrat.blogspot.com

Best regards

George L. Kokkas
N.G.O Forum for Citizens’ Democracy
Ippokratous str. 42 – GR-10680 Athens
Greece
Tel.: +30 2103648300 - Fax: +30 2103610882
e-mail : geoko(at)otenet.gr
web: www.dimopolis.gr

Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 21:49:05 +0900
From: StrayGhost <justastrayghost(at)gmail.com>
To: wddm(at)mkolar.org

Hi!

I am Adrian Richhill / Oka Yuki Adrian.
I would let You know a great news from Japan.
There are borning the Japanese direct democracy party, the Japanese
party of Internet DEmocracy (J-IDE) !

We want to cooperate with the Swedish AktivDemokrati, Demoex and with
the Hungarian IDE.
What do You think about the idea to organize the Direct Democracy
International?
We would be able to sent our delegation to Europe at the latest in the
summer.

Best wishes:
Oka Yuki Adrian / Hajdu-Oka Jűki Adorján / 岡裕樹黎都

2009/10/20 <Miroslav Kolar>

Thanks!
I'll add those links.
I've neglected updating my pages recently because they need
thorough
overhaul, which I hope will finally be done soon, and then
everybody
will be able to adds links to various DD resources directly.
--
mk

----- Message from justastrayghost(at)gmail.com ---------
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 08:16:37 -0400
From: justastrayghost(at)gmail.com
Subject: About "DD and similar initiatives by country"
To: wddm(at)mkolar.org

Hi!
I would complement the list of "DD and similar initiatives by
country" ( http://democracy.mkolar.org/DDlinks.html#J ) by
the
followings:

The party of Internet DEmocracy, Hungary
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Party_of_Internet_Democracy
http://ide-ide.hu/

AktivDemokrati, Sweden
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aktivdemokrati