02374: Voting

From: Joseph Hammer <parrhesiajoe(at)gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 21:28:30 -0700
Subject: Voting

I just read through Citizen Mundi. There are a lot of brilliant ideas on voting there.

About six months ago, I did a lot of research on voting, and I got nowhere. I came to the conclusion that every voting system is manipulable to a greater or lesser extent.

Citizen Mundi is many things... a debate forum, a system of filtering proposals and feedback, a system of voting...

Citizen Mundi does not adhere to the one man, one vote principal. It gives preference to those who interact more with the system... concerned parties...  like lobbyists, political parties and activists. That's too snarky, I admit :)

Citizen Mundi does inspire me, though. I believe that a system like it will enable us to implement a more responsible, more responsive government in the future. I don't know what the voting rules will be, but the _expression_ of preference will go digital in the future. There are so many brilliant ways to build audits and double checks into an electronic system that it really inspires the imagination.

Real time government... Think about it. Citizen Mundi v4.0 may be our gateway to cooperative government in the future... you never know :)

Parrhesia