02361: Re: [WDDM] Weighted voting and Shadow Parliament

From: Lata Gouveia <latalondon(at)yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 09:10:54 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [WDDM] Weighted voting and Shadow Parliament

I respect that.

From: Georges Metanomski <zgmet(at)yahoo.com>
To: wddm@world-wide-democracy.net
Sent: Saturday, 10 October, 2009 9:45:07

--- On Sat, 10/10/09, <Lata Gouveia> wrote:

> From: Lata Gouveia <latalondon(at)yahoo.co.uk>
> Subject: Re: [WDDM] Weighted voting and Shadow Parliament
> To: wddm@world-wide-democracy.net
> Date: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 12:19 AM
> Why are you
> talking in the past tense? Did it fail?
==============
G:
I'm talking about MY experiences, which, as all experiences in this
world occurred in the past. Not my fault, I did not invent the world.
All those I mentioned were successful. And their context keeps on
happily going, even if, after 80 I ceased to be active:
Kibbutzim do well and my French group (see below) lives free of
windmills monster and does not buy meat.
==============
L:
> Citizen Mundi is happening now. That's what I meant by
> the great difference.
==============
G:
Not happening, just playing. Vive la difference.
=============
L:
> I did not come here to show you my medals or compare war
> scars.
=============
G:
War scars may help to understand what peace and DD are about.
Kibbutzim existed in Poland long before Israel was created.
First one I knew was in Warsaw Ghetto, Mila str. secretary Mordechai
Anielewicz. It was a Shomer ha Zair atheist, communist kibbutz,
dreaming about a better equal world free of national and religious
fanaticism, where "each gives following his capacity, each gets
following his needs". In the real world the dream could come true only
as the democratically chosen option to die upright, embodied by
the Ghetto uprising.
==============
L:
> I actually agree with much of your content and, in a way,
> it's what we're trying to do.
> You dismiss "game" far too quickly.
> Think of the possibilities if it becomes popular.
> No political repression, it's just a "game"
> so...if it gathers momentum, it could do something.
=============
G:
I don't "dismiss" your game. It's better than going to disco and get
drunk. Only, its possibilities, however popular, are like those of
Monopoly compared to the real stock exchange.

Just one or two remarks.

Groups which function D-Democratically seldom, if ever discuss DD.
They have a status, which they had defined themselves at starting
sessions and consider real problems, such as, in a kibbutz, oppening
or not of some factory or school organization.
In my French group of farmers and fishermen I had strong intellectual
authority as the former researcher in Einstein's team and former
prof of computer modeling, but I used it only in discussion and had
just one voice.
Instead of DD we discussed and decided two main issues:

1.The noxious fraud of windmills. In spite of corrupted mayor, the
farmers withdrew authorizations to build on their land, which meant
considerable financial losses.

2.The criminally cruel and polluting battery breeding of livestock.
Majority decision, applied by all, was to stop buying meat.

Your stuff will move from "computer games" to "DD" the day when
some of your players behave similarly in practice.

And, as long as you cannot create a DD group of 100, the "mundi"
will sound a bit ridiculous. Even, if you succeed in creating the
real DD group, there is no logistic support for more than a few
thousand, nor even specs for it. My "CN" is the only "3F" (I&D&R)
Platform ever created and I described it in "Logistic" of my S.P.
over-optimistically. It worked for 1000 participants, but there is
not even the first idea of specifying, let alone programming, of
synonym control and filtering of heavy billions of posts generated
by millions of participants.

So have fun playing but beware of practice and reality.

Regards
Georges.