02143: Re: [WDDM] Strategy

From: Antonio Rossin <rossin(at)tin.it>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 00:31:45 +0200
Subject: Re: [WDDM] Strategy

Fred Gohlke ha scritto:
Good Morning, Antonio

I believe you are distinguishing between our natural tendency to
pursue our own interest and the forces that cause us to pursue our own
interest; indeed, the forces that cause us to form our opinion about
what constitutes our own interest.
I take it you are saying we must uncover the forces that cause us to
define and pursue our own interest and find a way
to combat them.

Good Night, Fred

Yes, I am on that track.

Consider one's pursuing one's own interest according with the requirements
- to wit, the physical laws - of the natural environment one lives in.

Consider one's pursuing one's own interest according with the requirements
- to wit, the authority's consent - of the social environment one lives in.
Consider that there is conflict between the social and the natural
requirements
of the complex environment one lives in. For instance, a complex
environment
where the social authority requires consumerism, or else war, and the
physical
laws require respectfulness for natural resources and peace.

My opinion is, more criticism to the authority's requirements coul be
the case.
Now the problem becomes, how to decrease one's own dependence on the
authority's consent. This decrease goes along with one's own interest

I had not previously considered that perspective. Clearly, I can not
refute the notion
that whatever causes us to pursue our own interest is more fundamental
than the pursuit,
itself. However, at first blush, it seems to me those forces might be
primal, and, as such,
beyond our means to control.

"Primal" does not mean "beyond our means to control", IMHO

It is my opinion that the pursuit of self-interest is not far removed
from the
need for self-preservation, and self-preservation is instinctual.
I totally agree. Now, let's account the policies one may implement for
self-preservation. Maybe we obey the requirements coming from the
natural environment. Maybe we obey the authority's requirements for
consent. Here, the necessary self-control wants us to perform some
"questioning the authority" training and conscious attitude.

Since I have not considered this perspective, I have no idea how we
could go about
harnessing such elementary forces. Do you have a suggestion I could
consider?
Try at
http://www.world-wide-democracy.net/common/Antonio.Lucknow.ppt
and also at:
http://evans-experientialism.freewebspace.com/rossin10.htm
or else at;
www.flexible-learning.org

Harnessing the pursuit of self-interest will be a painstaking
task.

I think this goal would be a counter natural one, not to say
suicidal.

I hope you will keep an open mind on this topic. Devising an
electoral method that
makes it beneficial and wise for a person seeking political
advancement to maintain
their integrity, though difficult, may not be impossible. Refusing to
consider the
possibility will, of course, preclude it.
Ok., try at www.simpol.org

Fred Gohlke

[Based on our preceding exchange of messages (I received your message
twice), it appears all we have to do is address our messages to the
WDDM site, and it takes care of distributing them. Neat ... but I
wish they were also displayed on-line on the WEEM site where they
could be considered by members, in toto. flg]

Sounds nice.

Cheers,
antonio, going to sleep

:00