02082: Re: [WDDM] Why bother?

From: Antonio Rossin <rossin(at)tin.it>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 07:21:37 +0200
Subject: Re: [WDDM] Why bother?

Ted,

what do you want from me?

We met at the Athens 2000 DD Congress, on Fri 23 June 2000.
I brought a paper up there, with title: "The grassroots bottom-up
approach to Democracy" (free at:
http://www.flexible-learning.org/eng/bottom_up.htm )
from which I quote the Summary:

Two different but complementary ways towards the implementation of Direct Democracy are considered.

One of these, that we may call "Top-Down", bases on the modern tools of Information and Communication Technology and, of course, on the wisdom of local and governmental authorities ruling the matter of democratic voting.
The other, that we may call "Bottom-Up", bases on the educative development of personality in people, hopedly, towards the latter's open-mindedness and better understanding of participatory Democracy principles, for each one to take upon oneself one's own Direct responsibilities and to put into action the capability of making aware and flexible choices.

Accordingly, let's suppose that you set yourself in the Top-down, technology-based side of  the DD coin, but your approach excludes the Bottom-up, family education based approach, which I contribute.  I also detailed the educational basis of democracy in a WWDM document, at:
http.//www.world-wide-democracy.net/common/Antonio.Lucknow.ppt

So, why bother, now?  please stay in the Subject of your post and stop bothering me.

antonio

Ted Becker wrote:
Hi Jiri:

It was only a matter of time before this kind of thing was gonna happen.  Is that guy Rossin in on it?  I thought from the conference in Greece that he would be WDDM's undoing... maybe even an agent provocateur.
(snip)