02060: Re :Re: [WDDM] What next?

From: "Vijayaraghavan Padmanabhan" <vijayaraghavan.p(at)rediffmail.com>
Date: 22 Apr 2009 11:37:44 -0000
Subject: Re :Re: [WDDM] What next?

Dear All,
To make meaningful progress and to avoid getting stuck with the past, I venture to suggest once again the following (these have been discussed and criticized already):

1) The name WDDM needs to be changed to WTDM (World True Democracy Movement) to emphasize the predominantly intuitive nature of our goal. Direct Democracy implies people taking control of governance through the tools of Initiative and Referendum that is logical and mechanistic. This change will encourage creativity within the movement.

2) All the rules framed so far including the charter need to be dissolved. They only serve to remain imprisoned with the past. As I have stated previously, hardly any rules are necessary if the true aim of the movement is to stimulate creative thinking towards True Democracy.
Bernard Clayson has brought out the same point well (available in the archive): http://www.world-wide-democracy.net/archive/proposals0/bernard_clayson_proposal.html This movement has to be an association rather than an organization, if there is to be any progress.

Best Wishes.

PVR (Vijayaraghavan Padmanabhan)

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 09:02:03 0930 wddm@world-wide-democracy.net wrote
I support free speak, and some topic maybe controverial, but sometimes they
need to be talked about, and that would happen in a direct democracy.
Until the recent talks WDDM had been quite for months.

Martin