01948: Re: [WDDM] WDDM Charter and up-coming meeting

From: "Bruce Eggum" <bruce.eggum(at)gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 19:54:22 -0500
Subject: Re: [WDDM] WDDM Charter and up-coming meeting

Presently, most of us live in "Representative Democracy" where the King and his men rule the roost, dictatorships, communism, theocracy, or other oppressive governments.

"Direct Democracy" refers to a process where the people establish their own government and run this government themselves. They may indeed decide to have a "representative government" but that government would be required to abide by the peoples directives and decisions.

Some people with vision saw the value of Swiss democracy and decided to begin a movement to educate and assist all people to establish this "Direct Democracy" in their own communities and countries. CICDD was the beginning and WDDM, a membership organization was formed.

The essentials of Swiss democracy were examined and it was found that to establish any Direct Democracy some basics had to be established.

1. The people of a community must form an "Assembly" and decide if they wanted this "DD".

2. If they wanted DD they must provide information and hold discussions on DD so all people understood it.

3. The people must agree to the DD Initiative, by signing a petition for it. If a substantial number of people signed this Initiative, it would be a recognized Initiative.

4. This petition would be submitted to the "government" for approval.

5. If the government failed to approve it, a referendum would be held and if approved the people would demand the DD provisions be enacted.

Petitioning government is a rite provided by the Magna Carta and at the least all "democratic" governments are bound by this rule.

To my knowledge no other method is available. Most Constitutional Amendment's would follow this procedure.

This is why I agree with the Founders of WDDM who established the above process and intended to advertise and educate the public to empower the people to establish DD for themselves.

Some members have spent much of their own money in travel and accommodations to meet with governmental bodies, EU, UN, and other groups to help them understand the value of DD for the people and for Nations themselves. I am deeply appreciative of these efforts and each of these people who carried the WDDM message.

It was decided at a previous WDDM meeting to prepare pamphlets and develop curriculum which could be provided educational institutions (schools) so young people could embrace these principles. Of course WDDM must be an accredited organization to be recognized by any educational facility. This project would also require some monetary expense and it was envisioned that WDDM could solicit funds for this endeavor.

To do so, WDDM would have to be a reputable organization. This requires a Charter, Officers who have the responsibility of the Organization and financial accountability which requires an accountant and records kept in accepted format.

Antonio has rallied for years to keep his imperialist throne and defeat any WDDM Charter Organization. It is time the WDDM members take the responsibility of their organization by establishing a basic charter with methods to discuss, initiate and decide matters for the WDDM organization. It would then be possible for WDDM to accomplish some of it's goals.

Sincerely, Bruce

ps Isn't it exciting? These are arguments we face to establish DD. We will be continually faced with those who do not understand DD and those who want to "take over". It has been the way of humanity for eons.

Bruce Eggum
Gresham Wisconsin, USA
http://www.doinggovernment.com/
Check out my Blog too
http://bruceeggum.blogster.com/
http://usinitiative.com

  vote

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 6:59 PM, <Bruce Eggum> wrote:

Dear Antonio,

You embrace victory to your imperialism to quickly.

After crushing the WDDM website initiatives by Pino, you established the present site with you the shadow leader. It is no wonder you don't want the members of WDDM to have any say in your "democratic website," you want to run it alone.

Antonio speaks: "WDDM is already functioning very well as a reference web
site for Democracy, as far as I can see -- and has nothing to decide snip"

You refer to WDDM as a reference website. Website? Is that all this means to you? You discredit the CICDD, and WDDM the initial groups who began this endeavor and all members of WDDM.

There is more to democracy than your opinion Antonio.

Bruce

Bruce Eggum
Gresham Wisconsin, USA
http://www.doinggovernment.com/
Check out my Blog too
http://bruceeggum.blogster.com/
http://usinitiative.com

  vote

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 5:32 PM, <Antonio Rossin> wrote:
Bruce,

Let's suppose, WDDM stands for Worldwide Direct Democracy Movement,
not for Inner Direct Democratic Bureaucracy Group.

Thanks to Mirek, WDDM is already functioning very well as a reference web
site for Democracy, as far as I can see -- and has nothing to decide instead of ,
and in behalf of, the people :  to wit, upon the people, top-down.

Wishing you serendipity, best regards