01927: WDDM Conference in the Week of Democracy

From: "George Kokkas's Law Office" <geoko(at)otenet.gr>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 14:40:13 +0300
Subject: WDDM Conference in the Week of Democracy

  Dear  mrs.Serdult,

    Could  you please answer  me  if there could  be  a  chance for the  use  of  a meeting  room for 8-12  persons in the same  place of the Week of Democracy  in Aaru, in  the  evening of Saturday  and  maybe Sunday morning for a WDDM Conference and include  it in the  Proframme  of this week?
    I think  that it would be  good  to  have ALSO, a separate panel  and discussion about the CICDD ( Continuing International Congress on Direct  Democracy) that celebrates this  year  its 10th anniversary since the  1st International Conference in Prague, Pribram (1998), as well as  WDDM ( www. world-wide-democray.net) that continues offering its services  to  direct  democracy worldwide, though its  site  and  diferent  practices  among  its members.I wonder why haven't you thought  about  it, when  progamming  the  whole week of Democracy? Believe me  that  it  will have  a big interest  for  all the participants to  have  the opportunity  to hear the _expression_ of  our experiences at  the end of the already  scheduled programme on Saturday  aftennoon and evening Oct 4th  or maybe Sunday morning , Oct 5th.
    I am in close contact with Ted Becker , Jiri Polak (who is doing an excellent  job for ten years  publishing the  DD Newsletter) , Mirek  Kolar (who  organised  the excellent WDDM site), Bruce  Eggum, Federico  Tonini  etc. and I think that their  contribution could  be  magnificent for this week of  Democracy, as we will enlarge the programme, the interest   and the opportunities of the  participats to almost  a full week!

I would like also to  cooperate further in the near future for  a WDDM Conference that has  its 10th  years anniversary  after  2 years (2010) ,when we will propose to have  in Greece another  International  Congress on Direct Democracy (maybe under the auspieces of IRI and your University, if you accept it).
    Please write me soon with whom else I have  to  be in contact for the  above  and confirm whatever  is  already  possible for us in order to begin organising it!

With kind regards!Thank you  in  advance!

George  L.  Kokkas
Media  Lawyer
Coordinator of NGO "Forum for Citizens' Democracy" and
"European Sympoliteia (with) Direct Democracy"
42, Hippocrates str., ATHENS 10680- GREECE
Tel. 0030 6944 545 888
Fax:  0030 210 3610882