01912: Re: [WDDM] Re:[WDDM] Non direct-democracy items

From: Georges Metanomski <zgmet(at)yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 08:23:44 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [WDDM] Re:[WDDM] Non direct-democracy items

--- On Sat, 9/6/08, Bruce Eggum <bruce.eggum(at)gmail.com> wrote:

I suggest a new "look" at our OLD Aim.

DD – Direct Democracy is the people in charge with total control of their government. [my definition]
=============G:
Hi Bruce,
Just a small thing before moving to the tahles: please,
not "government", which is executive. DD is about
"legislature".

I was a bit overenthusiastic and optimistic when I just
mentioned that we need
an adequate "3F" (I&D&R) E-Platform:
1.Initiative (supporting individual proposals)
2.Debate (consensus building)
3.Resolution (upon a consensus threshold; no snapshot
vote)

I have indeed written and successfully used such a
platform for restricted groups.
However, for national level it raises problems not yet
even specified, let alone solved.
We may talk about DD till we are blue in the face, but
will not progress a single step before getting the
platform. I frequently suggested that
1.formulation of problems,
2.programming specs
should be for the moment the unique issues of WDDM.
We have a few talented people and I have more experience
than anybody in my sight.
However, nobody responded and WDDM kept on lazily
defining DD, which it can idly do for next 1000 years.
If somebody opens a thread "problems of logistic platform", I'll contribute all I can.
If not I'll stay in lurking mode.

Cheers
Georges